Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury/Stylus/J15 bonnet hinges
guyschofield

posted on 6/9/20 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Fury/Stylus/J15 bonnet hinges

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to work out some hinges for the front clamshell of the Sylva Vectis I'm building. I'm wanting to hang the hinges at the nose rather than at the scuttle. I've got loads of build pictures from other cars but I haven't been able to find any that show how other people have done this. Can anyone with a Fury, J15 or similar tell me where they got/how they made theirs?

Thanks in advance!!
Guy

adithorp

posted on 6/9/20 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Fury one mounts to from of chassis. I'll see if I can find any pictures (u2u me yourobile and I'll WhatsApp them)
The bracket/hinge came with the kit.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

guyschofield

posted on 6/9/20 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers adithorp, will do!

Thanks,
Guy

padrc66

posted on 7/9/20 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
J15 has hinges attached to a bracket bolted to the front wishbone pick up points (included with kit). this has brackets swivelling on it that bolt to fibreglass webs glassed into the bonnet (again, included with kit).

hopefully the following pictures help, first 2 courtesy of jeremy philips, last 3 my car:

hope that helps

guyschofield

posted on 7/9/20 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Padrc66!

I think I've been following your build blog, is your car blue with black racing stripes and carbon seats?
Looking at that, I think the cross-tube the hinges are attached to is lower on my car, it's dead level with the lowest edge of the bonnet. I might have to get something fabricated to fit.

Cheers,
Guy

padrc66

posted on 7/9/20 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. No, the light blue one isn't mine. i think someone on piston heads has recently bought that one though:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1886602

I've just checked and the centre of the cross tube on mine is about 35mm above the bottom face of the chassis and 45mm above the bottom edge of the front clam, ie the bottom edge of the front clam is 10mm below the bottom face of the chassis. Obviously this is set by the height of the side pods and getting the clam to look right relative to the side pods and the tub.

here's my car first time on the road this time last year:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=215505

let me know if you need any measurements or photos

guyschofield

posted on 7/9/20 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, thanks again.
I'll have another measure of mine at the weekend and see if I can work something out.
Yours looks mint by the way, I love the stripes on the dark blue. My bodywork's the same colour and I was going to wrap it in silver for a sort of 60s road-racer vibe. Thinking again now!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.