Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA and Windscreens
MW

posted on 9/8/02 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
SVA and Windscreens

If I just have a deflector instead of a windscreen will my car pass SVA with no wipers/demisters/washers? this is important to me as a weigh saving measure, I always intend wearing a crash helmet as the donor car is a 3L supra with a modified engine
wicket

posted on 9/8/02 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Should'nt be a problem as long as you follow the guide lines in the SVA manual. Its worth getting hold of a copy of the manual, £30 now I believe, or see Jaspers posting in 'Locost Related > SVA Test'
Jim

posted on 9/8/02 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote

Jim

posted on 9/8/02 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'll think i'll try again.

I asked about this at my last test. He said that if you don't look through it then it is classed as a wind deflector. He will measure it with a higley sophisticated piece of string to make sure it is under the eye line for the average driver

Jim

Chazzy

posted on 13/8/02 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't have time to even put the deflector (aeroscreen)on, the SVA guy didn't bat an eyelid, i did have the helemt on the seat next to him though. "i'm only going to track day it would have been my rely"
Like you the thought of demister and wipers is a bit complex and fiddly in a small space.

Jim

posted on 13/8/02 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Did you car pass it's test. I am waiting for my second test as it failed on sharp edges and emissions. I did not have a windscreen / deflector on my car either and he didn't mention the lack of it

Jim

stephen_gusterson

posted on 14/8/02 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
a widnscreen ISNT a requirement. However, if the top edge comes above a calculated eye line (see sva book) then it must have a heater and wipers.

the isonblade doesnt have a widnscreen.....

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.