Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aeroscreen (again)
Avoneer

posted on 16/6/04 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Aeroscreen (again)

Hi,
Does anyone know if the aeroscreen has to be clear - or can it be smoked or even solid?
I have an old piece which is ideal, but is 10mm thick and a bit scratched. Have cut it to size and it looks great. I was thinking of using "boy racer" tinting on the inside to make the scratches less visible.
Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the man with a plan

posted on 16/6/04 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
without wanting to hijack your post, can anyone explain the requirements for an aero screen to be considered such? ie is it possible to use a fairly large one without the need for wipers and blowers?

Thanks

timcrasher

posted on 17/6/04 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Aerosreens

As long as the top edge of the screen is below the horizontal eye line of the driver and complies with the requirements as stated in the SVA bible then you don't need wipers/ demist facilities. It can be solid as technically you are looking over rather than through it.
Pat, as far as using boy-racer tinting spray, I used this on my first prototype screen as it worked very well. You just need to spray it on in very light misting coats until you get the desired depth of tint.
Hopr this helps guys
Cheers
Tim

Alan_Thomas

posted on 17/6/04 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Don't risk it! You don't need any type of screen for the SVA. The tester was quite exacting with the sight lines on my test and as you often have to get the seat as low as poss for the belt mountings to pass anything other than a clear, undamaged, screen will probably fail, it would be better to fit the aeroscreen afterwards.
Avoneer

posted on 17/6/04 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers.
The top of the screen is way below the line of vision and the top of the aeroscreen is radiused. Was going to use tinting "film" instead of spray, but you've given me an idea to very lightly spray each side now.
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tractorboy

posted on 17/6/04 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
if its of any help my aeroscreen is blue ,and quite dark at that .it was brought from tiger and passed the sva without so much as comment from the tester( there are pictures in my archive )
the man with a plan

posted on 17/6/04 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Do all you aeroscreen boys feel the need to wear helmets and/or goggles?

Cheers

timcrasher

posted on 17/6/04 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Wrap around shades for gentle playing, helmet for trackdays and superbike hunting

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.