Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bodywork help
JC

posted on 9/5/14 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Bodywork help

Hi all,

Well, my project has stalled slightly and it is time to seek help! I am sure that I could make the bodywork myself, but I have never done it before and I just cannot get started, and as I am building in a domestic garage, I think SWMBO would be mainly unimpressed with the mess and dust!!!

What I need to do is make some one off panels for my atom style midi. I have made some panels (badly and roughly) from steel and aluminium that show the shape I want and planned to use these originally - they have moved on a little from here and I would quite like to do the full length panels as per my avatar.

[img]http:// Description
Description
[/img]
Anyway, I am now seeking help from the locostbuilders collective! Is there anyone in the Lincoln-Newark-grantham area that could help me make these panels, or can anyone recommend a professional outfit to help? All offers considered, including exchange of beer tokens!!!!!!!!!

My hope is that, once I have the body sorted, I can finish all of those other little jobs and finally get on the road!,

Thanks

JC

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tims31

posted on 9/5/14 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
What do you want to make them out of, GRP, Ali, Steel?

Do you need the panels shaped or are they going to be flat, hard to see from the picture here

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

JC

posted on 9/5/14 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
I wanted them made out of GRP. They are supposed to be 3d to cover the main 50x50 chassis frames. I was experimenting with aluminium flat and single plane curved panels but couldn't figure how to treat the edges to make that IVA friendly - don't want to cover it in rubber edge strips!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 9/5/14 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Rubber edge strips needn't be forever

The MOT man doesn't care

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Mistron

posted on 10/5/14 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at my thread on my scrathch build body for my clubmans type car.

What you are doing looks fairlt straight forward to do in MDF & foam, a skim of filler and then take a mould (or get a GRP guy to do it for you)

Al

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.