Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MIRRORS
bob

posted on 8/5/02 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
MIRRORS

Seems to be a wide choice of mirrors for sale,but not all very SVA friendly as i saw at Stoneleigh.
Whats out there?

David Jenkins

posted on 8/5/02 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I got a pair from Lolocost, £18 each. They advertise them as SVA friendly... which is probably correct!

In the pictures they looked a bit plastic & cheesy, but in real life they're OK. They're big enough, have a nice rim covering the glass edge, no sharp edges and made of some metal alloy painted black. Genrally quite solid.

I suggest that you have a look at some if you go to Newark.

cheers,

David

bob

posted on 8/5/02 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks dave,i've had a look at the lolocost mirrors and sure enough they are OK.
Just wanted to get a few more options,i hate making a purchase and then seeing something better a week later.

Jim

posted on 25/7/02 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I ahve a apair of these mirrors on my car. They were noted as a fail as the fole in the arm where it bolts on to the stalk is classed as a sharp edge. Fill it with silicon and it should pass.
paulf

posted on 25/7/02 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
I was recently looking at mirrors in a motorbike spares catalog, they do some universal carbon effect ones for fairing mounting for about £20 a pair.they are much cheaper than the ones listed by europa and Demon thieves etc and i would assume they will be e marked and SVA friendly. Honda CBR 600 mirrors look good and are £30 a pair, i will be visiting a bike dealer when it comes to getting mirrors for my car.
I also noticed some reasonable mirrors in halfords recently which might be worth considering.
Paul.
quote:
Seems to be a wide choice of mirrors for sale,but not all very SVA friendly as i saw at Stoneleigh.
Whats out there?

JohnFol

posted on 25/7/02 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Bob, the guys at Lolocost go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks. . .
wicket

posted on 29/7/02 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
For info, the SVA manual section 10.2 says that all mirrors should be 'E' or 'e' marked and interior ones should be class I and exterior ones should be class III

ttfn

bob

posted on 29/7/02 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
My mate had E marked side repeaters same as lolocost sell and yeading test centre failed them on radius.
being a bit carfull with this E marked biz

locost7-online.com

posted on 5/9/02 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
My mirrors are from Stuart Taylor, or from Merlin Motorsport, Carbon look and SVA compliant. mail me for a pic.

www.locost7-online.com

bob

posted on 7/9/02 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Right sorted,mirrors as conrodkids gpz400/600 bike mirrors £9.99 each from the fast one on 08707 777333.

They are very like lolocost but with cowling round bolt area and half the price

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.