Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Resin on GRP panel
saigonij

posted on 11/8/07 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Resin on GRP panel

i was glass - fibering a grill in to the nose cone today, and somehow i have gotten some resin and hardner on the top of the nose cone....

is it possible to rub it down with some 1500 wet and dry ?

nitram38

posted on 11/8/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
You can, but if the nose is shiny, perhaps you can chip it off?

blakep82

posted on 11/8/07 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
worst case, rub it down with a block of wood behind the paper, it'll come right of, but will need some 1200 grit paper too (after most of it is off), and a lot of polishing

its effecively what i've been doing today

Description
Description

white is gel coat, yellow is original panel (kevlar) pink is fibreglass paste resin, and light pink filler. the original gel coat had split from the kevlar beneath so i cut it all out, and filled with the P40 fibreglass paste stuff, sanded that all down, filled, sanded again. but the point is, the P40 covered most of the surrounding area

[Edited on 11/8/07 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RazMan

posted on 11/8/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
With any luck the wax that you polished the car with (you did polish it didn't you?) will allow you to prise it off. Try heating the area with a hairdyer or alternatively put a bag of frozen peas on it for a while and then try.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.