Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: now this won't take long...
Mr Whippy

posted on 14/2/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
now this won't take long...

Has this ever happened to you? A simple thought like - I know I'll go and put some underseal on the car - turns into one monumental task

After taking of the exhaust, rear suspension, fuel tank and front sub frame now I seem to have removed most of the front as well. I can't stop myself undersealing !!! Must be the fumes

I've also sent the sub frames of to get hot dip galvanised! I know totally mental... Rescued attachment blue.JPG
Rescued attachment blue.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 14/2/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
er, there's not much left is there?!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

JoelP

posted on 14/2/08 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
that might be the luckiest bluey ever!
iank

posted on 14/2/08 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Missed a bit

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

locoboy

posted on 14/2/08 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
at least with the addition of the zinc galvanising it should up its resale value

ATB
Locoboy

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/2/08 at 01:45 AM Reply With Quote
It's value doesn't come into it.

I remember similar comments when I had my Cortina, how folk were always slagging it off for being so terribly old - 'why don't you go and buy a new car and stop showing us up' my folks would say, now I see tina's in the car shows most (all) having been totally restored and hoards of folk round them going 'I remember when I had one...'

Way I see it, why leave the car till it needs to be restored since prevention is better then cure. The best classics are the cars that were the most common as those are the ones people can relate to, ironically there also the ones that disappear the quickest.

When was the last time you saw a mint Bluebird on the road or even a rusty one?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 15/2/08 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
I want to get my tintop undersealed but i dont trust myself to do it just incase my car looks like yours does in that picture

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

D Beddows

posted on 15/2/08 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like fun actualy you do still see quite a few Bluebirds round here.

I think your classic car argument is a little flawed though - people relate to Cortinas, Vivas, Dolomites etc because it was their first car or their Dad had one when they were young - I suspect most peoples recollection of Nissan Bluebirds is mostly as a mini cab they got overcharged in/threw up in after a great night out in 1993 - wouldn't a mint condition one just look wrong somehow??

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/2/08 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know I think you'd be surprised, once when at the supermarket (parked in the middle of nowhere as usual) a guy in a TVR Griffith pulled up. Out popped him and his wife and started going on about how he had one off those and looking over the car. I've had several people asking if I'd sell them the car, No.

It certainly attracts a lot of attention at the shows I've attended, I bet it was the first car for a lot of people.

[Edited on 15/2/08 by Mr Whippy]

02GF74

posted on 15/2/08 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ Good on you!

I find it quite refreshing to see something old since they look so different to the lookalike euro boxes, even something like a Marina, Allegro or Maxi that at the time were the butt of many jokes.

Haven't seen a Bluebird in years although there is a Datsun 120 (?) on my road that I don't think moves.

2b_pablo

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
any pics of it in one piece?

-----------------

if it aint broke... pull it off and upgrade it!

Richard Quinn

posted on 15/2/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I see it's the rarer Bluebird QC (Quattro Corno)!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.