Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RT+ rear upper wishbone bracket design???
ElmrPhD

posted on 23/2/13 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
RT+ rear upper wishbone bracket design???

Hi guys,
Am I the only one whose Vortx has an upper rear wishbone bracket (on both sides) that can in no way allow an unmolested washer and bolt-head or nut in there?
I have a pic' of what I mean, but don't know how to post it here. Guess I'll investigate the "photo archive" thingy.

Thanks,
Steve, in the NLs

ElmrPhD

posted on 23/2/13 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, I put the image in my Photo Archive, but...it's rotated 90 degrees CCW. The view is from the left passenger's side (driver's side, here in Holland...) of the upper rear wishbone (foreward-most) pivot bolt.
Brett Jones

posted on 23/2/13 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

I will go take a pic for you now and upload it but I haven't installed my rear suppension yet.

Regards
Brett

http://mnrvtecvortxbuild.blogspot.co.uk/

Davey D

posted on 23/2/13 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
On my vortx there were a few mounts that were VERY tight for a bolt head, or nut to fit in, but yours is even worse. They obviously haven't fitted the bracket correctly/in the right place. The welding around the bracket doesn't look the greatest either :-(
Brett Jones

posted on 23/2/13 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

I have just loaded two pics to my archive, it does look very tight.

Regards
Brett

http://mnrvtecvortxbuild.blogspot.co.uk/

Relph

posted on 23/2/13 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was very tight aswell. The nut just fits on mine but I had to file the washer down quite alot.
ElmrPhD

posted on 24/2/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Indeed, the welding on my MNR RT+ chassis has been quite a disappointment. Sad - not what I was expecting.
And this insane bracket location, supplied with ordinary nut/bolt/washer - how can they not expect complaints?

"Blakep82" suggested using a socket/cap/allen bolt, which I agree would be an improvement, but mine will still need additional filing down. Fortunately, this bolt is big for dimensions' sake and not because a great deal of tensile strength is required here. So, I'll file away and expect that moderate torque on the bolt will be good enough.

If MNR had just acknowledged such things from the beginning then it would be much, much less of a crappy surprise.

Anyway, we're getting there.

I'm gonna put a couple more pix of this crap on my photo archive for clarity. Hope it helps.

Hey, this forum is great!

Cheers,

Steve, in the NLs

ElmrPhD

posted on 24/2/13 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry (Blakep82) but the system ain't allowing me to upload alternate views of the same stupid bracket/hole. Weird, cuz the error message is about the file being the wrong type, but it's simply the next file after the one that it did let me upload. I hate computers. So, that's the only view we get for now.
ElmrPhD

posted on 25/2/13 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
To be fair, I am informed, now, that the minor welding issues referred to above are the result of my particular chassis following an unorthodox production/(third party modification) path and should not be considered representative of MNR's in-house finish quality.

Thanks to those who've offered solutions.

Steve, in the NLs

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.