Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal Box
psaleh

posted on 17/2/08 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
Pedal Box

Sorry for those who read my post the first time round and tried to respond, I deleted it by mistake!

Have issue with pedal box where the throttle hits a chassis cross member when vertical'ish. Not sure if this is a problem or not but could do with some advice from those that have done it and know its oke or where you mounted your pedal box. Mine is as far right as possible, touching the cross member. I think this seems the most central position within the drivers bay but again I'm open to ideas on this one.

Thanks Rescued attachment 16022008099 100px.jpg
Rescued attachment 16022008099 100px.jpg

BLOG => http://mymnr.blogspot.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
psaleh

posted on 17/2/08 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
Picture of the box position Rescued attachment 16022008098 100px.jpg
Rescued attachment 16022008098 100px.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/2/08 at 02:21 AM Reply With Quote
do you have a welder?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

stuart_g

posted on 17/2/08 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
A serious reply now.

The pedal box normally goes as far left as possible, but you can put it where you feel is right for you, that's why they aren't pre welded in anymore. I asked the same question to MNR when I came to fit mine and that was what I was told.

If you haven't already fixed it down then move it further left and see if that works.

clutch_kick

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
While on the pedal box topic. Is there space to fit some sort of Clutch Foot-rest ? maybe shift the pedal box to the right?

finlay

posted on 17/2/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
hi

i had exactly the same problem in where i wasent reaching full throttle because the peddle bend was hitting the cross member, what i did was cut out the bend in the peddle and weld a straight peice in instead so i have lots of movment

i felt that the best possition was more right than left in the foot well as i have size 12 foot wear ( can be abit clumsey)

not saying its the thing to do but it worked for me

cheers

psaleh

posted on 17/2/08 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have the ability to move it to the left but I'm guessing the pedals will be off the seat line then and the driving position may be a little weird. Also it doesn't make much difference to the full throttle position whilst compromising the clutch pedal space.

Not keen on welding anything either, mainly because I cant!

Anyone got a completed car with a pedal box like mine? If so how is full throttle acheived?

bassett

posted on 18/2/08 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got the exact same concern. Im going to get a seat in and see how it feels and if we can actually operate all the pedals. Marc said the throttle pedal doesnt go all the way back so doesnt have to touch the bulkhead. Were still thinking of shaving some off the back of the pedal to get it as close to central as possible.
Adam

psaleh

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Was thinking the same myself but really dont have enough knowledge about the consequences of shaving a bit off to do it.

I guess the real question is will the brake/clutch pedal all be in the same line when its done. You dont want to have to reach further to press the brake pedal then to press the throttle pedal.

Let me know how you get on.

Johneturbo

posted on 18/2/08 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is almost the same apart from my bulkhead bar is horizontal rather than diagonal, and for that reason the pedal does miss the bar.
not sure why they changed the design?

I found the tip of the pedal just touches the bulkhead panel.( bit of sticky foam there now!) as the leaverage and pivot points are very close together.

bassett

posted on 18/2/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
I think the diagonal has slightly better bracing and gives more structural support. As for shaving a bit of we were only going to use a file so that the bit that would hit the diagonal has some more clearance but no less strength by keeping the distance of the holes already in the pedal to the edge the same.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.