Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chuffed with progress!
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Chuffed with progress!

Since the original post I've added a new photo below of flatshifter bracket. Relocates shift cable further back to allow room for flatshifter sensor between flappy paddles and shift cable.

Flatshifter Bracket
Flatshifter Bracket

Original post;

Thought I'd take a moment in the lunch break to post a few progress pictures. Tried to keep it to bits you might find interesting!

Build Showing own design dry sump tank to clear steering link.

Prog 1 DS
Prog 1 DS

Cooling and mock up dash/scuttle.

Prog 2 CS
Prog 2 CS

Mods to flappy paddle system. Removed gear cable mount (to later fit Flatshifter sensor) and welded digital dash mounting in place.

Prog 3 DM
Prog 3 DM

Digital Dash incorporating warning lights in place.

Prog 4 D
Prog 4 D

And mock up dash with switch lights and four warning lights on.

Chuffed to bits. Build is coming on a pace!

[Edited on 16/1/09 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

02GF74

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
marvellous.

you certainly like your warning lamps; is there a manual to explain what they all mean!

tomgregory2000

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
looking nice, i wish mine looked that good

tommy

thunderace

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
very nice
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
marvellous.

you certainly like your warning lamps; is there a manual to explain what they all mean!

Green LED is neutral. Three high intensity LEDs are Oil pressure warning (Manual will say HIT STOP SWITCH NOW)

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
ooohhh very nice, like the dash lights too

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice build!

maartenromijn

posted on 15/10/08 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Super!

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

stuart_g

posted on 15/10/08 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
That looks an excellent neat build I like the digi dash mounted there.
Dangle_kt

posted on 15/10/08 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Love the rad, what is it?
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 15/10/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
Love the rad, what is it?

I'm not sure, it is a racing rad supplied by MNR. Perhaps Marc or Chris will visit this thread and tell us. I fabricated the fan mounting brackets from anodised aluminium extrusion.

donut

posted on 15/10/08 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that chassis looks very nice.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 15/10/08 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
looking good Clive, i did wonder how you were getting on with it.

should see you on the road early next year

bassett

posted on 15/10/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Wow looks very nice. Are those the savage switches? if they are, are the indicator buttons warning lights or actual switches to operate the indicators.
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 15/10/08 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
Wow looks very nice. Are those the savage switches? if they are, are the indicator buttons warning lights or actual switches to operate the indicators.
Adam

They're Savage switches. I bought blank switches and then got the inserts when I met the guy that makes them at the Autosport International Show. Going again next year 'cause I need a rain light insert and a stop switch insert.

The warning lights are on the bottom of the digital dash except for the four 10mm LEDs in the photo'.

bassett

posted on 15/10/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, thought id never seen the switches as actually indicator buttons. Dont suppose youve got the guys details you could u2u me as i need some mocked up, if not no worries.
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 16/10/08 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
Cheers, thought id never seen the switches as actually indicator buttons. Dont suppose youve got the guys details you could u2u me as i need some mocked up, if not no worries.
Adam

Hi Adam, I'm trying to get into contact with him re the rain light and STOP insert I need so I will ask about the L&R indicator inserts you need as well if I can track him down. The number I had did not get through to him. I'll let you know if I succeed. If not I'll have to wait for the show in Jan or Feb.

Gergely

posted on 17/10/08 at 05:10 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice build! Keep them pics coming!
finlay

posted on 17/10/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
looking Ace Clive, that is some rad, very impressive
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 5/11/08 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi All,

Thank you for your great comments. I'll certainly post more pics as I make (slow) progress.

Bassett, I managed to find out that the part numbers for the indicator switches are;

SW3029 Indicator warning switch <->
SW3034 Individual arrow switch >

You should be able to ask any stockist to order them for you if they don't have them in stock. You'll need 2 off of SW3034 Individual arrow switch >

Gergely

posted on 5/11/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Clive, just a question: Are you sure that you are going to be able to reach the buttons on the dash?
We were originally thinking of putting them on the dashboard as well, but it seems that when strapped in properly, it will be just out of reach, or uncomfortable to reach, so we will place them on the centre tunnel, leaving only the warning lights on the dash.
I have to say though that we need to try everything for size once the seats are finally in, the steering is properly in place, etc. But the trial fitting says the steering wheel is pretty far from the driver, the dash being further still, the buttons could prove an uncomfortable reach...
Just a thought...

And as for the indicator buttons. We have the two plain buttons, do I understand correctly that we can order the inserts only to replace the plain ones and the part No. is SW3034?
Gergely

chockymonster

posted on 5/11/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gergely
Clive, just a question: Are you sure that you are going to be able to reach the buttons on the dash?
We were originally thinking of putting them on the dashboard as well, but it seems that when strapped in properly, it will be just out of reach, or uncomfortable to reach, so we will place them on the centre tunnel, leaving only the warning lights on the dash.
I have to say though that we need to try everything for size once the seats are finally in, the steering is properly in place, etc. But the trial fitting says the steering wheel is pretty far from the driver, the dash being further still, the buttons could prove an uncomfortable reach...
Just a thought...

And as for the indicator buttons. We have the two plain buttons, do I understand correctly that we can order the inserts only to replace the plain ones and the part No. is SW3034?
Gergely

That's why I went away from having a load of buttons on the dash and moving to rocker switches.
Also having the indicators there I found was difficult to change direction signs on roundabouts etc. It took me ages to work away around that and I eventually settled on the signaldynamics self canceling indicator system which is a dream to wire in. Makes the hazards really easy to wire up.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 6/11/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, your right, that's why I mocked up the dash. The switches end up at finger tip distance and will be an uncomfortable strech with harnesses fully tight, as on the race track. On the road with the harnesses slightly looser they will be just about okay (being tall I have long arms). It would certainly be handy if MNR design a switch pod for the dash to bring them a few inches closer. I'll think about knocking something up in the mean time.

I've fitted a 60mm OMP steering wheel spacer to bring the steering wheel to a comfortable distance, so next job is to design a spacer for the flappy paddle system.

The product code is for the complete switch. I don't think they do the inserts separately (except at shows).

quote:
Originally posted by Gergely
Just a thought...

Gergely

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 11/11/08 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Great news, I just got a message from the manufacturers that they may be putting a Savage STOP switch into production! I'll post more details when/if I get them.

marc n

posted on 14/11/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
looking good so far clive

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.