Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Viento Questions
dirth

posted on 14/3/18 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Luego Viento Questions

I assume that Luegos are no longer produced? That being the case ,Who does the biggest of the genre?
I don't suppose they'll be close to the 300mm length and 200mm width increase in size as the Luego is?

[Edited on 16/3/18 by dirth]

knight19770

posted on 14/3/18 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, The larger of the Luego was the Viento, which i am in the middle of building. They have stopped trading, but Ben who was involved with them has a garage called Crosshill Garage up at Brechin in Tayside Scotland. He still supplies parts as i have been to see him a couple of times as he is along the road from me. Check his website, more in restorations now, but has some luego stuff on his site.
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 14/3/18 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
The other plans to consider are the McSorely +442 chassis - which as you can assume from the name is 4 inches longer, 4 inches wide, and 2 inches taller than a "standard" chassis (I think it was very similarly sized to the Viento).

This will mean you either have to weld it up yourself, or get someone to do it for you - and you will have issues sourcing GRP bodywork, so may have to consider ali panels.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

posted on 14/3/18 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
If your building a chassis you can build what you want. That's the advantage of a scratch build.

My own is 4" wider down the centre line, but still the same length and height. A plus 4.

I think the 4-4-2 still narrows down the standard size nose.

Paul G

dirth

posted on 16/3/18 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies,
I dug out the June 2003 Which Kit Mag, where the writer states it is 6 inches wider than say a Westfield.
I believe that to be wrong Scaling it using the 17 dia wheels as a datum,I'd go with 8 and 12 inches bigger ( I have to say it was a really poor article cliched and quite badly written IMO)

There was another XXL car years ago the Evolution(the one with the split screen) not the prettiest but had potential

kenton

posted on 18/3/18 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Dirth, you have a u2u.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.