Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front and rear spoilers
sonic

posted on 31/1/09 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Front and rear spoilers

I was looking in this months Tkc mag at smiths today and saw a Westfield i think Black track car with a F1 style front spoiler and a rear aerofoil type on the back.

Has anybody had any thoughts on this type of mod to inprove aerodynamics/looks etc

StevieB

posted on 31/1/09 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Check this one out here

I'd be interested as to how much benefit spoilers have against the overall added weight and drag.

daniel mason

posted on 31/1/09 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
there is a few videos on you tube! i have seen what you mean and it looks quite cool,although very different to 7 style
sonic

posted on 31/1/09 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
StevieB
I don't like the spoiler on the back but the rear defuser looks good,i wouldn't mind making one for my MNR.

Thats the sort of thing though,i think they look more aggresive and race car like with them on.

StevieB

posted on 31/1/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I know there was striker run in either rgb or kit car class with a front splitter that wrapped around the nose cone - not sure if the still use it or how much benefit it was.

I do fancy the idea of fully closing up the bottom of my car and sticking a diffuser on the bak under the rear panel. I noticed when working on my elise (btw, if you ever own an S2 elise, taking the undertrays off to get access to anything at all becomes a regular and monotonous thing!) has a few naca type ducts in places, rather than being completely flat. This would probably help with ducting a bit of cold air to the diff area (in the elise it gets a bit more air into the engine bay).

Hugh Paterson

posted on 1/2/09 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Not convinced about the setup below the nose of that car Stevie but the wing on the back is imposing would be interesting to hear the views of the driver as to what effect it had
Shug

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.