Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Build Table drawings/design?
Dom C

posted on 10/2/09 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Build Table drawings/design?

Has anyone made drawings of their build tables? I was wondering about making a jackable frame from the same box section as the Champion chassis as a practice in welding and screwing a big 8x4 lump of board onto it. What does anyone else recommend? As a shortarse (5'6" I guess I might have to alter the heights a bit... what do others find as good working heights?
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 10/2/09 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
no but heres a picture of mine, its 3" angle built up into a frmae with a 10mm steel plate top. I fastened a big piece of chipboard on to it, turned out amazingly flat! and very heavy duty

We measured height wise and decided what would be a good working height. iirc it was 850mm I'll have to check though

[Edited on 10/2/09 by liam.mccaffrey]

[Edited on 10/2/09 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

mark chandler

posted on 10/2/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I cut mine so that it was an inch wider all around than the top chassis rail, this makes welding much easie as you can get up close, also free's a bit of room.

posted on 10/2/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Years ago I made a bike bench.

Roll the bike up. Stick the paddock stands under. Trolley jack under and up she goes.

I built my chassis on this bench. Bones on, wheels on, dropped the bench and wheeled off a rolling chassis.

I still use it as my work bench.

Paul G

Hugh Paterson

posted on 10/2/09 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
This uns a wee bit bigger than u will need for a one off build, 10ft sheet o steel on a 100 x 70 box section frame, with 4 adjustable legs/jacks to keep it level anywhere in the workshop we care to throw it. The jacks are "recycled" scaffold feet in scaffold tube legs. Its pretty solid
Its Big enough to handle three different chassis fabrications that we currently whack out
Shug Rescued attachment 03022009019.jpg
Rescued attachment 03022009019.jpg

Theshed

posted on 14/2/09 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I put in shelves and wheels cos I have not got enough room to swing a ...flea Rescued attachment IMG_3006.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_3006.JPG

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.