Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec / gsxr tb help please
roohunter

posted on 14/5/12 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
zetec / gsxr tb help please

hi Folks, need some advice , got a 2 litre blacktop with a st170 manifold onto two piece GSXR tbs think 600 ?its still got ford fuel system rail etc,the GSXR tbs have had the injector holes blocked off ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now for the question My tbs dont line up with the st170 manifold any ideas,as cant split the TBs into 4 ,and the length of hose needed to sort this is too long.Looking at Bogg Bros making a manifold to enable me to use the Ford injectors and bits thanks folk
me!

posted on 14/5/12 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
You have a few options as far as I see it:

1) sell your TB's and get some K1/K2/K3 (i.e. 2001/2002/2003) GSXR TB's. These can then be re spaced to go on the ST170 manifold using the ford injectors. Bear in mind that the ports are a different shape between the standard blacktop and ST170 engines, so your ports won't match and the injectors may be spraying at the head instead of down the intake runners.

2) sell your TB's and ST170 manifold. Then get hold of whatever TB's you fancy/are cheap (but haven't had the injectors blocked!) and ask fast dan on here or Bogg Bros to make you a manifold to suit. That way you don't have to respace and you can use the bike injectors and fuel rail.

3) ask Bogg Bros to make a manifold to take the TB's that you already have and the ford fuel rail.

I did number 3, but my TB's are respaced GSXR 600's. The manifold plate is 25mm thick and weighs a ton. It also came set up for a silvertop engine, i.e. fuel rail with side feed injectors that didn't line up correctly with the blacktop head. I said I wasn't happy with it and ended up sending them back the manifold, my cylinder head and blacktop fuel rail (!!!) to get it to go together how I wanted. It now looks sweet and I had my reasons for going down that route at the time, but if I had to do it again I would go down route 2! I may get someone handy with a miller to take some weight out of my manifold at some point, as it's annoying me already and it's not even in the car yet!

Hope that helps.

MikeRJ

posted on 14/5/12 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Sell the GSX-R600 throttle bodies and buy the early GSX-R750/1000 bodies that can be separated?
big-vee-twin

posted on 14/5/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
FastDan on here will make you a manifold to suit you should U2U him

You can see pics of mine in the archive

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

femster87

posted on 15/5/12 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Sell those and get one of this

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=6&product=8958&catsub=0

Still made above 160 bhp with an emerald ecu

HowardB

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by femster87
Sell those and get one of this

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=6&product=8958&catsub=0

Still made above 160 bhp with an emerald ecu

I have a similar thing for sale, sadly without the nice trumpets, but with a ford throttle body, injectors, fuel rail and tps. Pictures in the archive. £50

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

FASTdan

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
As said I will make you a manifold if needed to suit whatever spacings you have. However I am not currently set-up to be able to offer injector/fuel rail mounted on the manifold, so my offerings require the bike fuel rail to be used which isn't really much help to you with your current bodies

me! Post some pics of your manifold

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
roohunter

posted on 15/5/12 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
thanks folks

Thanks folks ,now I have the single plenum idea bouncing in my head !!!anyone had much to do with these and how do they compare to TBs ?thanks again folks
femster87

posted on 15/5/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
big wasa on here is your man. The gbs one was claimed to make 166bhp with emerald ecu on the rolling road. Also claimed better fuel consumption
baz-R

posted on 20/5/12 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
bit of a note the st170 and blacktop/silvertop manifold patterns (gasket area, stud postions and ports) are diffrent turst me i know now.
the st170 manifold needs modifying so its sits approx 5mm lower

me!

posted on 3/6/12 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
me! Post some pics of your manifold

It's taken me a while to get round to it, but here you go.... (ignore my notes on the cam cover btw!)

Manifold + TB's
Manifold + TB's

and

Manifold + TB's 2
Manifold + TB's 2

Obviously it's missing a fuel rail etc, the injectors are away being serviced + flow tested. But it's a modified (by Bogg Bros) 1.8/2.0 focus rail + pressure reg and ST170 squirty bits.

This was a test fit to see what air filter I need to order- which I why you haven't had a reply yet Dan. I need to choose between PX500/600 and what size then I'll drop you a U2U to order it along with the hoses- unless I can find it cheap elsewhere!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.