Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost builders trackday ?
procomp

posted on 20/1/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Locost builders trackday ?

Hi all In discusion on an other thread there has been mention of locostbuilders having a fun get together trackday. Just thought it might be a good idea to see what the interest was if any.

Let the discusion begin and lets see what the interest is and where it leads.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 20/1/07 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely up for attending as suggested in other thread, put all these words together.........

Cadwel
Fun
BBQ
Fun
Summer
Fun
Party
Fun

I love speed :-P

posted on 20/1/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I would love to, but now the wind has taken my garage I don't know whether it will be finished in time But if it is finished I am up for it.

Phil M

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TangoMan

posted on 20/1/07 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely up for it as log is it's not tooo far down sarf!!

Anywhere between Teeside and Silverstone would do for me.

An Overnighter would be good to meet up and havea few beers.

Summer's here!!!!

bigrich

posted on 20/1/07 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a cracking idea,just need to finish this build. As mentioned cadwell would be great ,esp if the sun's out
The thought of all those 7's/locosts and like minded people deffinately appeals to me

scutter

posted on 20/1/07 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'd buy into that, would you be splitting it up into experiance groups as i'd hate to upset someone by messing up their racing lines in my blundering around the track.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

russbost

posted on 20/1/07 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
How about anywhere between Silvertstone & Brands!
I'm up for it.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RazMan

posted on 21/1/07 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
How about anywhere between Silverstone & Brands!

That sounds great to me too - it would be great to meet the peeps and cars

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

JoelP

posted on 21/1/07 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
id love to join in that at cadwell, a good track thats really worth spending some time learning. And i wouldnt dream of making people split into groups, thats just not cricket! Open pit lane is my preference, you always find a few clear laps in any outing.

Gimme a few months to build the car though

DIY Si

posted on 21/1/07 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
If I dare go near a track, I'd be up for it. Somewhere in the Midlands for me. Or I might have to bring the 205 out to play. If I'm allowed.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Andy North

posted on 21/1/07 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Bit of a track from France, but I would be up for it if I was on leave when it is scheduled.
scutter

posted on 21/1/07 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Joel, I'm the poor driver, I'm still saving to get some tution from some like Candence.

I know that I've poor car control and normally panic when the car gets out of control, hence the lessons and a few trackdays to get a feel for things. Still a day with your peers sounds like a great way to allay these fears.

ATB Dan.

andrews_45

posted on 21/1/07 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds a great idea. The Subaru forum once hired out Curborough Sprint circuit. They let you camp the night before and IIRC it was about £40 each
smart51

posted on 21/1/07 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrews_45
Sounds a great idea. The Subaru forum once hired out Curborough Sprint circuit.

Curborough circuit hire is quite cheap. It's even cheaper is the hirer is a member (£30 - £40 IIRC) but it is 1 car at a time on track and doesn't really count as a "circuit"

I'd be interested if it was cheap and within, say, 100 miles of Birmingham.

bob

posted on 21/1/07 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi all In discusion on an other thread there has been mention of locostbuilders having a fun get together trackday. Just thought it might be a good idea to see what the interest was if any.

Let the discusion begin and lets see what the interest is and where it leads.

cheers matt

Maybe worth having a chat with steve hole at totalkitcar,they have cancelled Oulton Park so i'm thinking if they are suffering from lack of numbers this could be a good opportinity for anything totalkitcar have planned for the future to bolster the numbers.

TimC

posted on 21/1/07 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I'd try to get there even if the car wasn't ready. Perhaps a bit of a trek for everyone, but I'll throw an idea in the hat - Pembrey. Camping (in field) no issue, BBQ fine I'm sure. I also know someone on the comittee.

Danozeman

posted on 21/1/07 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ill be up for it if it isnt silly far away.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

chriscook

posted on 21/1/07 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Mallory is fairly central...
Peteff

posted on 21/1/07 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
It's next door for someone on here, not me though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

David Jenkins

posted on 21/1/07 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Anywhere between Silverstone and the midlands (e.g. Donnington) is a possibility...

David

JoelP

posted on 21/1/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
we should get a map which people can tag their location on, and work out where from this. There did use to be a locostbuilders map, but people filled it with shite.
Wadders

posted on 21/1/07 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Great circuit, and fairly central, but they are a bit strict on noise levels, It would be a shame for someone who'd travelled a long way to get booted off. Think last time i went it was 98db, i got black flagged twice and then chucked off for good 105Db so they said, £100 for about 8 laps although some trackdays there seem to allow higher Db ? weird really the noise of the planes drowns everything out anyway.
I'll go with the general concensus, It's not so bad travelling a long way if its a 2 day affair, on site camping would be a bonus

Al.

Originally posted by chris mason
Donnington would be a good place to hold such an event, there's plenty of run off for the 1st timers and due to the speeds involved there's less of a difference between cec's and bec's.
plus the facilities are pretty good too.

either way so long as it's not tooooooo far away i'd be very tempted

Chris

procomp

posted on 21/1/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi donnington may be a problem with some off the bec guys due to the 98 db noise limit althogh it is a good venue.

If we can only get numbers in the region of 10-15 people confirmed it would not be to hard to just agree on a date and place of an existing trackday and all book up may even be a chance of getting a small discount if we can confirm 10 or more places.

Keep it going and see what sort off numbers it is likly to be.

cheers matt

procomp

posted on 21/1/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Bah beat by 3 min regarding donnington noise limit.

What are peoples thoughts on cadwell as there are ussually quite a few trackdays there and also a good venue except for the £5 over night stay charge.

Although the track it's self is loved by regulars it might be a bit of a harsh intro for a first timer.

cheers matt

scutter

posted on 21/1/07 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote

I'll try anything/anywhere once

ATB Dan.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.