Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS Maps, could the forum have........
Major Stare

posted on 10/2/08 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
MS Maps, could the forum have........

With it being even more popular and more people installing MegaSquirt, i have seen quite a lot of people wanting maps for there MS (me included).

Could we have an archive/sticky post with maps for different engines (X-Flow,Zetec etc).

Perhaps a small fee for the maps to be downloaded which could be put towards running Locost Builders?

Jon "FISH"

blue2cv

posted on 10/2/08 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Seems a good idea to me, i'm a while off the mapping stage at present but someone might have a blackbird setup by then
bob

posted on 10/2/08 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Great idea with the evergrowing use of MJ & MS, a while back i found a westfield linked site with a whole list of maps and rolling road test results which must be of great help to get people going.

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/2/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Still got the link Bob???
Post it up please or if it's one of the commercial type monet makers (you know what I mean of late) ThenU2U me with it please.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

bob

posted on 10/2/08 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
The link with the MJ & MS maps has long gone.

I just had a quick look round and found these that might be of some help.

Maps 1

maps 2

[Edited on 10/2/08 by bob]

bob

posted on 10/2/08 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
I know its emeald but still might be of some use.

I cant see any reason why we cant have a map database on here, i will try and catch up with chrisw when i'm off shift next week and see if he can sort something. I cant see any reason for it not to happen, it would be a good addition to the site.

ChrisW

posted on 10/2/08 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'll see what I can do!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Major Stare

posted on 10/2/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent Chris.

I just thought it might be a good idea and possibly support the forum.

Fist map we need then is a X-Flow 1700 in GSXR TB's,BCF2 cam.

Jon "FISH"

Major Stare

posted on 15/2/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Any news?

Jon "FISH"

djtom

posted on 16/2/08 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried www.megasquirtmaps.com

Like Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin.....

Tom

paulf

posted on 16/2/08 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Trouble with that forum is that it is ran by Mtech automotive that advertise on ebay, most of the info is dodgy or not relevant .They are certainly a supplier to be avoided and are banned from selling official MS equipment.I had an experience with an ECU they supplied together with wideband unit that were supposedly supplied ready to run a normally aspirated zetec on throttle bodys, but I found it was mapped for a turbo engine and needed work to set up for the wideband that they supplied without any detailed instructions , and also had no tacho output etc.The wideband gauges they supply are Vems units and actually work ok once configured etc but as with there ECUs are expensive.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by djtom
Have you tried www.megasquirtmaps.com

Like Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin.....

Tom

daxtojeiro

posted on 18/2/08 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
I swore I wouldn't come back to this forum after having the silly slogan added to my signature, but anyhow, heres my 2pence worth on this.

The danger of having maps for all is that for starters it tends to make people think that you simply buy an MS, bolt it on and load in a map and drive it. Thats simply never going to be the case unless you have an identical engine built on the same day with the same everything, etc, etc.
ITB setups are more than likely never going to be interchangable as the TPS position, ITB length, diameter, position mounted, etc, etc will vary enormously!
Another danger is that I have seen some really bad maps that people think they have got working, these would then spread as people blindly download what they think is a good map, etc, etc, etc.
Also, I hope this isnt conceived as something people should be paying for, as MS is an open source project, I know some people like to make money out of other peoples work, but theres taking the mickey and theres taking the mickey!! Youd also be opening a can of worms up if you charged as you would be liable for the maps, etc.
I have a load of FREE maps on my site that are designed to be base maps for various engines, use these at your leisure, or if you have a setup email me with it and I will go through it for you, this is for free by the way, I hope I dont get banned for offering to help people for free

Ohh, if the guy who runs this site needs me to look at his map its £15 a month
only kidding,
Phil

bob

posted on 18/2/08 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks phil excellent advice

Jenko

posted on 18/2/08 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
In reply to Phils post....

Firstly, can I just say, I value your posts on this site, and think the...ahumm..issues you had with the trader thing were both petty, and un-called for...That is of course my opinion :-) -

So, welcome back....

Anyhow - I too am currently doing a FI conversion and installing MS, and I too am 'curious' about other peoples maps....Where as I really can appreciate that MS is great tool for learning all about FI, I would also like to have seen other maps - More out of curiosity, and to understand how different engines differ......The Megajolt site has a map park, and when I did a MJ conversion found it really useful to study the various ignition maps for different cars......

So, as a punter (i.e. a MS user), I would like to see maps, but of course, only to use for general interest, as I fully understand that all cars are different. It would be great if people could post them with the exact state of tune of the engines - I would find that useful.........

Just my two peneth.

Paul.

bob

posted on 18/2/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
I think its base maps that we are all looking for, basically people want to tap in some numbers just to get running safe.

I've seen readouts from rolling road mapping on similar or the same engine setups and they do come out the other end with a difference, phil worded his post very well and i hope he continues to contribute to the site.

[Edited on 18/2/08 by bob]

daxtojeiro

posted on 18/2/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,
I do agree that looking at people spark maps can be a valuable source of information, but only if its been done on a rolling road, but a VE map could confuse people, it may be of some use though. I would simply pop screen shots of them on the site as apposed to whole config files (msq's) as that would stop anyone loading a bad map, etc. Im all for spreading information, just not keen on miss-information, not that it would have been done on purpose. Anyhow, was great to talk to you all again, Im off now,
Phil

[Edited on 18/2/08 by daxtojeiro]

Jenko

posted on 19/2/08 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
SOunds like a good idea - One other thing...I'm not sure if all versions of Megatune has the table calaulation feature where you input req fuel, and engine hp, revs, torque, etc, etc to calculate a table? - But, does anyone have any experience as to how good this was for a base map?.......

I've attached the one I calculated out of interest - This was for a 2ltr ZVH, Peak HP of 160bhp at 6200rpm, peak trque of 145ft/lb at 3750rpm, max rpm 6900rpm, req fuel 15.2

paulf

posted on 20/2/08 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
I found the calculator good enough to get the engine started and ticking over but it was not drivable with out some adjustments.it is important to know the injector flow rate fairly accurately and the number of squirts per cycle needs experimenting with.
Paul.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.