Board logo

GRP / Carbon seats..
Dave Bailey - 10/1/14 at 11:12 PM

Went to the Autosport show today and had a sit in the Tillett Carbon seat and was totally sold on them. I see that on eBay Kit bits have a pair of GRP ones for £168... Clearly not going to be able to afford the Tillett ones but anyone bought and fitted these cheaper ones?

Dave B

[Edited on 10/1/14 by Dave Bailey]

rusty nuts - 11/1/14 at 08:32 AM

Pair in the for sale section ,just been posted

sdh2903 - 11/1/14 at 08:56 AM

I really can't recommend jk composites enough. They are excellent seats, great service and they are surprisingly comfy.

Bit more expensive than the eBay ones but worth it IMO. Just don't bother emailing them, pick up the phone and give them a call.

peter030371 - 11/1/14 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I really can't recommend jk composites enough. They are excellent seats, great service and they are surprisingly comfy.

Bit more expensive than the eBay ones but worth it IMO. Just don't bother emailing them, pick up the phone and give them a call.

Same here, fitted them to my first Striker and my new Striker came with a set to fit....if it hadn't i would have bought some anyway

jeffw - 11/1/14 at 10:51 AM

Tillett seats are very different from the low end of the market. I suggest you sit in these other seats before committing money to them.

40inches - 11/1/14 at 11:01 AM

I have the GBS seats, the Tillets would have been nice. But at twice the price? I have done 1800 miles with the GBS seats, no padding and no problems. Considering I have a problem with lower back pain, I don't think I will risk changing them now.

Thetom - 11/1/14 at 01:40 PM

I'm in the same position as you and also sat in the tillet and reverie ones at autosport...but can't really afford either! When you step down to grp the options seem to be jk composites as above or http://www.tritonraceseats.com/seats.htm or the cheap ones at about 160 a pair available from lots of places (and ebay). I sat in the cheap ones at a show last year and they do feel a lot more budget quality wise...but comfy enough. I think ill prob go with jk as they do look good and there are a lot of people very happy with them in their cars. Let me know if you find any others worth considering!

sdh2903 - 11/1/14 at 02:06 PM

The jk composites that were in my old car:

seats2
seats2

daniel mason - 11/1/14 at 02:13 PM

id go for a used set of westfield race seats. they often come up on ebay fairly cheap!

Dave Bailey - 11/1/14 at 04:48 PM

Barkalarr on here can supply. www.kitcar direct.co.uk

Just looking for a comparison between these and JK composites...

Dave B

[Edited on 11/1/14 by Dave Bailey]

beaver34 - 12/1/14 at 01:56 AM

I'd buy s/h Tillet ones, there worlds apart from "kit" seats I'm afraid to say.

You get what you pay for I've allways found in the seat world

jeffw - 12/1/14 at 07:38 AM

I bought Tillett seats from Tillett, 5 years ago, and they are still fine. I got the GRP ones from them.

Duncan36 - 12/1/14 at 08:50 AM

I had a Caterham seat in my last car, but I've put one I got from Spire Sportscars in the new car and it was 1/3 of the price and certainly isn't 1/3 of the quality

Dave Bailey - 24/1/14 at 11:53 PM

Well deposit paid... Jk composites it is....

Dave B

carpmart - 25/1/14 at 06:37 AM

Good choice I think!

Jimmy-boy - 6/2/14 at 08:58 PM

want a pair for the Vx220

Jimmy-boy - 6/2/14 at 08:58 PM

good choice!

Dave Bailey - 6/2/14 at 09:00 PM

Hope so shouldn't be long now until they arrive....

Dave B