Board logo

Have i blown my oil pressure gauge?
furryeggs - 28/2/19 at 07:50 PM

I've just got my dash back together after re trimmimg it and have noticed my oil pressure gauge isn't working. Everything was fine and ok before the re trim. The back light is fine and I have checked the voltage and connections to the sender and it's all testing ok...

I did however stupidly get the signal and voltage wires mixed, is this likely to of fried my gauge. oil pressire light is ok, (on with ignition and off when running)... Is there anything else to check just incase? before i give Stack more of my money...

Mr Whippy - 1/3/19 at 07:25 AM

what's the signal voltage? I once connected a fuel gauge direct without the regulator and it blew instantly, they tend to be quite fragile due to the fine wires used for the needle coils

[Edited on 1/3/19 by Mr Whippy]

furryeggs - 1/3/19 at 09:02 AM

7v with ignition on, 5v running. tested at gauge and sender.

furryeggs - 4/3/19 at 09:39 PM

Been through the wiring again to check and all chevks out ok. I think it mst be buggered

James - 6/3/19 at 01:06 AM

Probably worth asking the manufacturer if they'll look at repairing it before you replace.

Also, any decent electronics engineer can probably work out what's blown and may be able to replace the failed component.