Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: S2000 standard ECU pin out diagram
boggybogstar

posted on 30/10/12 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
S2000 standard ECU pin out diagram

Hi guys, can anybody help me with an S2000 wiring diagrams for the ECU please, Im just about to swap out my Zetec for the S2000 and I have the standard ECU and engine harness (I also have the key and column electrics) but I dont have the dash loom.

Im swapping it out from the Emerald that I currently use and just need to get hold of the config/wiring diagrams so I can see what pin does what - especially in the pin outs where the dash loom connects?

Thanks in advance, Ive found a pdf service manual which has 1088 pages but either Im not searching through it properly or its not in there

PeteS2k

posted on 30/10/12 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
If the manual you've got is the same as I have, I'm pretty sure the detail is in there somewhere. (Can't check, as I'm at work at the moment).

It'll be quite a lot of work to get everything patched in to the standard ECU and working properly - it can be done though. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just use the Emerald? I know folk have used it with this engine, so they should have a base map for it somewhere, and I believe you can run it with the standard Honda engine sensors.

boggybogstar

posted on 30/10/12 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Ive thought long and hard about using the Emerald but to be honest the standard ECU is better geared for the role, add a piggyback Hondata and then its very mapable, also Ill shortly be selling the Zetec with all the ancillaries , GSXR TBs and Pspeed exhaust and type 9 with the Emerald pre mapped to recover some of the cost

I'll have another look through the pdf again but if you can have a search that would be excellent
thanks

big_wasa

posted on 30/10/12 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
nah stick with it.
boggybogstar

posted on 30/10/12 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Nooooooooooo, dont make me think about it all over again :-)

Ive been googling again and ive found loads of pin out diagrams all of a sudden for some strange reason, hopefully im sorted now, just need to work out how to contributeso i can sell ALL my old stuff :-)

wylliezx9r

posted on 30/10/12 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggybogstar
Nooooooooooo, dont make me think about it all over again :-)

Ive been googling again and ive found loads of pin out diagrams all of a sudden for some strange reason, hopefully im sorted now, just need to work out how to contributeso i can sell ALL my old stuff :-)

Could you share your info or where you got it from. I'm going from ZX9R to F20C, engine arrived today, cant wait to start !

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

unijacko67

posted on 30/10/12 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggybogstar
Ive thought long and hard about using the Emerald but to be honest the standard ECU is better geared for the role, add a piggyback Hondata and then its very mapable, also Ill shortly be selling the Zetec with all the ancillaries , GSXR TBs and Pspeed exhaust and type 9 with the Emerald pre mapped to recover some of the cost

I'll have another look through the pdf again but if you can have a search that would be excellent
thanks

I’ve also thought long and hard regarding ECU and like you I intend to use all the stock parts then when I need programmable ECU I intend to get a plug and play type. I think AEM do one and at the rate my builds going I wont need one for a few years. If you get any good wiring diagrams I would be interested in a link/copy. Cheers

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
boggybogstar

posted on 30/10/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ill try and pull together the details into a more readable format when im in work tomorrow, ive only got a tablet thing at home and its difficult to see everything, but most of the diagrams are here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=honda+s2000+ecu+pinout&hl=en&safe=off&gl=GB&source=android-browser&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tb o=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IECQUOXlDMqx0QX4uYHgCw&ved=0CCAQsAQ&biw=980&bih=508

Ive had a big debate on the SKCC forum over the ECU decision, at this stage ive still got the option of either stock or aftermarket but for various reasons, cost being one of them, ive decided to go with stock, its also made for the job :-)

Like you, i cant wait to get it in, with quite a few road trips coming up next year i want to get it all bedded in and any issues ironed out!

jeffw

posted on 30/10/12 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh, this is where you've been hiding...

boggybogstar

posted on 30/10/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Ahhh, this is where you've been hiding...

Bugger, ive been rumbled!! :-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.