Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2.9i v6 sierra engine wiring loom - davepro
jimmyjoebob

posted on 30/4/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
2.9i v6 sierra engine wiring loom - davepro

When I removed the engine wiring for installation in different car it came in four parts.

1/ main engine loom in engine bay that passes through bulkhead on passenger side and connects to ECU and also has three connectors to link into main car loom.

Main engine loom
Main engine loom

2/ relay loom that is linked to '1' above by one of the three connectors.

relay loom
relay loom

3/ dashboard and reference loom that connects to the ignition switch for power and also connects to '1' by one of the three connectors. From here the wiring goes across dash to dashboard to link in with gauges/warning light display. One cable goes through drivers side bulkhead, alongside engine, across front of car and is negative coil connector.

dash - reference - loom
dash - reference - loom

4/ Fuel pump and inertia switch wiring passes from relay under bonnet on drivers side, crosses dash then goes down passenger sill to boot floor, drops to inertia switch in spare wheel well before connecting to fuel pump underneath. earth screws to just infront of passenger door in front footwell.

fuel pump - inertia loom
fuel pump - inertia loom

Have fun taking it all out - I did!

Davepro - Photos are reasonably large but let me know if you need any more detail.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.