Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Throttle boddies, lamba sensor wiring
marc n

posted on 13/7/06 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Throttle boddies, lamba sensor wiring

HELLO THERE THIS IS KRIS MC.....

.... wiring problems, can any one tell me the answers to these and tell me what they do???

1) the wire/colours for the throttle position sensor on a GSXR 750 K5 throttle boddies ive got a red, black, and a pink(black stripe)

2) the wires/colours/ for a lambda sensor with the 4 wires red/black/white/yellow

any help is appriciated, kris

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BKLOCO

posted on 13/7/06 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
You can find the heater wires of the Lambda with a meter. Should be around 10 ohms if I remember correctly. The other two will be signal and signal ground.

These are very unusual colours for an O2 sensor they are usually two whites for heater. Black signal and grey signal ground.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

rayward

posted on 13/7/06 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
you can check the TPS with a multimeter, across 2 of the wires you wil have a fixed resistance (doesn;t change when moving the TPS), these are GND and Vref, the other is the signal.

if it works backwards, just reverse the Vref and GND connections.

hth

Ray

piddy

posted on 13/7/06 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look here this should sort the lamba sesor wiring one.

linky

[Edited on 13/7/06 by piddy]

piddy

posted on 13/7/06 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Follow this to find out what wires are what on the TPS.

I used this yesterday to do mine (Looks harder than it is)

MegaSquirt uses the throttle position sensor (TPS) to determine when the engine is at or near full throttle (to shut off feedback from the O2 sensor), when the engine throttle is opening or closing rapidly (and needing an accel/decel enrichment), and when the engine is flooded and needs to be cleared. Some people have managed to make their engines function reasonably well without a TPS. This is not recommended with the standard code, however.

You will need a TPS that is really a potentiometer and not a switch. Many older cars had idle or WOT position switches instead of a real TPS. A real TPS gives a continuously varying signal with changing throttle. There are two wires on the external wiring schematic that go from MegaSquirt into the TPS sensor. These two MegaSquirt wires are +5 Vref signal and a sense line. There is a third wire going to ground. Assuming that you have a proper potentiometer TPS, then +5 Vref goes to one side of the pot, the other side goes to ground and the sensor line is hooked to the wiper.

To hook up your throttle position sensor (TPS), disconnect the TPS, and use a digital multi-meter. Switch it to measure resistance. The resistance between two of the connections will stay the same when the throttle is moved. Find those two - one will be the +5 Vref and the other a ground. The third is the sense wire to MegaSquirt. To figure out which wire is the +5 Vref and which is the ground, connect your meter to one of those two connections and the other to the TPS sense connection.

If you read a high resistance which gets lower as you open the throttle, then disconnected wire is the one which goes to ground, the other one which had the continuous resistance goes to the +5 Vref from the MegaSquirt, and the remaining wire is the TPS sense wire

stevebubs

posted on 13/7/06 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
In reverse order..

Lambda:
Black Ref. (out)
Yellow Ref. (in)
Red Heater (+)
White Heater (-)

TPS:

Gsxr750 TPS; A=+5v ; B=Signal ; C=GND
Gsxr750 TPS; A=+5v ; B=Signal ; C=GND

A - +5v Supply (Pin 9)
B - Signal (Pin 8)
C - Earth (Pin 30)

marc n

posted on 13/7/06 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
hello its kris again the throttle position doesnt look like that??

I take it Black is ground and red is +tive???

cheers kirs

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
piddy

posted on 13/7/06 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Kris.
Mine TPS had Black Earth,Blue live and yellow signal.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.