Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 gearbox mount
flange nut

posted on 15/12/19 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
MX5 gearbox mount

Hi,
Can anyone show me how they have mounted a MX5 gearbox in a Saturn chassis please? The rear of the gearbox has two handy drilled and tapped holes. The Saturn instructions suggest using a MX5 engine mount but does it use just one of the holes? I have my own idea how to do it but I would like to see how others have done it.
Also what ground clearance do you have under the sump?
Thanks,

Geoff

Slimy38

posted on 15/12/19 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
If it's the two tapped holes I'm thinking of, there used to be a bracket bolted to them. I'll be remaking that bracket to go from those two holes to the frame via a Defender engine mount like this eBay Item.

As for the sump, I think I'm aiming for a couple of inches below the chassis, possibly a bit higher if it looks a bit vulnerable. I'm hoping to get into the garage over Christmas and get these jobs done, they're very much overdue but I've not had any time to get in there.

pewe

posted on 16/12/19 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
If it helps those two tapped holes take a bracket which attaches to the PPF frame i.e. supports the tailshaft so should be OK to use.
As for mounting something like a Defender engine mount?
Cheers, Pewe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.