Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Striker Shocks
MDR1987

posted on 15/11/16 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Striker Shocks

i've tried looking online in vain, and am sure someone on here will have the info to hand, can anyone send me a link to the gazshocks that RAW recommend? just trying to ascertain spec, thanks
Shooter63

posted on 15/11/16 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
This is just an opinion, I had gaz dampers on my stylus and the ride was terrible, I've changed them to protech dampers from procomp who re-valve them to your car, the ride is totally transformed, and the price was very competitive.

Shooter

MDR1987

posted on 15/11/16 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
good to know, could you ping me a link? just trying to establish which length etc fit the striker but useful points re ride from ProTech, thank you
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 15/11/16 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
+ one for protech shocks either give raw a ring or protech they should be able to tell you the shock length you require .
procomp

posted on 15/11/16 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Its not that simple i'm afraid. Depending on what size wheels and tyres your running will affect what length damper you need with your ride height.
Its very tight for movement so there is very small margin for error. something RAW have come a cropper on more than a few times when supplying.
but if you want to give me a call i talk you through the correct process of getting the right length for your application.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rdodger

posted on 15/11/16 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Procomp have a good reputation for supplying protech, valved for application. I would give them a call.

bi22le

posted on 15/11/16 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back Matt. You guys have not been on here for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi.

Its not that simple i'm afraid. Depending on what size wheels and tyres your running will affect what length damper you need with your ride height.
Its very tight for movement so there is very small margin for error. something RAW have come a cropper on more than a few times when supplying.
but if you want to give me a call i talk you through the correct process of getting the right length for your application.

Cheers Matt

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

MDR1987

posted on 16/11/16 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Great, thanks Matt will drop you a line
procomp

posted on 17/11/16 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Probably easier to get me on mobile as spending lots of time on road running round.

Mob. 07825544254
workshop. 01213503258

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alfas

posted on 23/11/16 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
my vote is for protech shocks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.