Board logo

Insurance - Guaranteed Value
JimM - 24/3/17 at 02:07 PM

A friend has just completed a number of modifications to his kit and engine ....

He would like to get it insured ( Listing all the mods & engine upgrades) with a guaranteed value in the event of a Write off or loss thru Fire or theft.

Any suggestions ?

Anyone been reimbursed the agreed value ?

Or know of any companies that agreed a fix value then reneged ?

cheers
Jim

Charlie_Zetec - 24/3/17 at 05:25 PM

Adrian Flux do have an agreed valuation system in place - but you do pay a premium for it (think it's about £35 for the service, plus premium accordingly).

You typically have to declare the value of certain aspects or list details, provide photos, and fill in a few forms.

Have this on my main car (Defender 90, declared modified), but not sure if it covers kits as well.

ash_hammond - 24/3/17 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
Adrian Flux do have an agreed valuation system in place - but you do pay a premium for it (think it's about £35 for the service, plus premium accordingly).

You typically have to declare the value of certain aspects or list details, provide photos, and fill in a few forms.

Have this on my main car (Defender 90, declared modified), but not sure if it covers kits as well.

Second this, I'm with flux.

Tazzzzman1 - 25/3/17 at 04:36 PM

Yes I have used Flux also. Had to send in photo's etc and for a minimal charge got the agreed value,
What I can also add is that after a rather nasty crash just before Xmas (Van driver doing a "U" turn in front of me on a busy A road, leaving me 50yds to brake and now prosecuted by Police) is that I had the agreed value in my bank account within 2 weeks of the accident. No hassle and no bartering. Worth every penny for the small charge IMHO

Just the injuries claim to get sorted now. That will take a tad longer

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 28/3/17 at 08:03 PM

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance. We can offer the option of a fixed agreed value on pretty much any car at present.
Regards,
Dan.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 29/3/17 at 06:48 AM

I've just insured my ford 100e hot rod with Adrian flux and got an agreed value I was happy and they waived the agreed value charge of £15 you have to fill out a couple of forms and send some photos and they look at all the details and get back to you within 3 days with a value at they will agree. I have always found them very helpful but I have never claimed .

Nickp - 29/3/17 at 08:42 AM

Speak to A Plan Insurance too. Just started a policy with them and they seem very professional and knowledgeable when it comes to kits