Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Adrian Flux
speedyxjs

posted on 13/8/09 at 06:04 AM Reply With Quote
Adrian Flux

Got my (Lancaster Insurance) renewal through the other day. 22 on 3.2 Jag XJ6 5k per year, £634

I got an online quote from Adrian Flux of £434.

I have heard a few bad stories about flux and just wondered what the general opinion was and whether there is anyone else i should try?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

flak monkey

posted on 13/8/09 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
Flux are ok. My GTS has been insured with them for the past 2 years. Not the cheapest, but local to me.

Chris Knott, Green Light are worth trying. CK will beat any quote you take to them. Looks like thats who my Leon will be with next year.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

spdpug98

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
I am with Flux this year, just about the cheapest quote but it also included full european breakdown cover which no one else could match (not even close)

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

oldtimer

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
It's not just renewal price remember. I had a Lotus Sunbeam insured with Adrian Flux. It was stolen and they paid out full valuation without comment.
jabbahutt

posted on 13/8/09 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Seems I'm in the minority with my experience of Flux. First year price was good and service was exceptional. At renewal price went up £200. Got other quotes which were lower and Flux's response was they'd only match when they got to see the other companies policies.

Shame as if I'd been treated the same as the first year I'd of stayed with them.

omega0684

posted on 13/8/09 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
flux quoted me £600 for my police, then spoke to gary at 2gether insurance and got a policy for £250! just goes to show that all the chavs that go with modded cars bump up the prices, or flux is just ripping everyone off!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 13/8/09 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjsI got an online quote from Adrian Flux of £434. I have heard a few bad stories about flux and just wondered what the general opinion was and whether there is anyone else i should try?

I've been with Flux for a while now. Got my Bike, Disco and Vortx insured with them. Always seem to get a good deal but always shop 'round first and get them to match. Like any company they are there to make a profit and aren't going to offer you the least profit making deals unless they have to to keep your business!

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Hellfire

posted on 25/8/09 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
We've been with Flux for the last six years. Always had good service and prompt payout when our first Indy was written off. Like others have said though, don't accept their renewals without phoning round other insurers first. They will usually match, if not beat the cheapest quote you get. They have always been the cheapest for us

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.