Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance - Guaranteed Value
JimM

posted on 24/3/17 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance - Guaranteed Value

A friend has just completed a number of modifications to his kit and engine ....

He would like to get it insured ( Listing all the mods & engine upgrades) with a guaranteed value in the event of a Write off or loss thru Fire or theft.

Any suggestions ?

Anyone been reimbursed the agreed value ?

Or know of any companies that agreed a fix value then reneged ?

cheers
Jim

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 24/3/17 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian Flux do have an agreed valuation system in place - but you do pay a premium for it (think it's about £35 for the service, plus premium accordingly).

You typically have to declare the value of certain aspects or list details, provide photos, and fill in a few forms.

Have this on my main car (Defender 90, declared modified), but not sure if it covers kits as well.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

ash_hammond

posted on 24/3/17 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
Adrian Flux do have an agreed valuation system in place - but you do pay a premium for it (think it's about £35 for the service, plus premium accordingly).

You typically have to declare the value of certain aspects or list details, provide photos, and fill in a few forms.

Have this on my main car (Defender 90, declared modified), but not sure if it covers kits as well.

Second this, I'm with flux.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

Tazzzzman1

posted on 25/3/17 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I have used Flux also. Had to send in photo's etc and for a minimal charge got the agreed value,
What I can also add is that after a rather nasty crash just before Xmas (Van driver doing a "U" turn in front of me on a busy A road, leaving me 50yds to brake and now prosecuted by Police) is that I had the agreed value in my bank account within 2 weeks of the accident. No hassle and no bartering. Worth every penny for the small charge IMHO

Just the injuries claim to get sorted now. That will take a tad longer

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 28/3/17 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance. We can offer the option of a fixed agreed value on pretty much any car at present.
Regards,
Dan.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 29/3/17 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
I've just insured my ford 100e hot rod with Adrian flux and got an agreed value I was happy and they waived the agreed value charge of £15 you have to fill out a couple of forms and send some photos and they look at all the details and get back to you within 3 days with a value at they will agree. I have always found them very helpful but I have never claimed .
Nickp

posted on 29/3/17 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Speak to A Plan Insurance too. Just started a policy with them and they seem very professional and knowledgeable when it comes to kits

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.