Board logo

what next??
boggle - 28/2/10 at 01:43 PM

as my locost nears finishing thoughts are turning to my next project...

i want something long term so im thinking either ultima gtr or a cobra of some description...

your thoughts on these would be much appreciated...

cheers

barry

Steve G - 28/2/10 at 01:49 PM

A finished Locost - well that'll be the only one on the whole site then!! Everyone else is in various states of upgrading theirs.

tomprescott - 28/2/10 at 01:52 PM

I know two people with cobras, one is an original race winner, the other is a dax replica (which I assume is more what you were thinking) - the dax is a lovely looking and driving car - his uses a chevy 5.7 v8 which puts out about 350bhp, sounds amazing and drives quickly. Personally I don't like the look of the ultima but the performance is pretty amazing. I'd go for a dax and stick a nice big v8 in it, some of the other cobra kits don't look so good and anything but a v8 is just wrong!

BenB - 28/2/10 at 01:59 PM

I think a Fake snake is a bit of a stereotype (and I doubt I'd fit in one anyway!!!) so I think if it was me I'd get something like a TVR Taimar and stick a bike engine in it

I think the brakes might have to be upgraded first

mookaloid - 28/2/10 at 02:26 PM

/ / / that will be way too heavy for a bike engine IMHO

Good for a Duratec install though? or a modern V6?

iscmatt - 28/2/10 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
/ / / that will be way too heavy for a bike engine IMHO

Good for a Duratec install though? or a modern V6?

I would have thought the same, would be a nice duratec project though!

eddie99 - 28/2/10 at 02:35 PM

I know its completely different but what about a complete rebuild mini and new engine???

iscmatt - 28/2/10 at 02:45 PM

back to OP i would go ultima for a long term project, i'm sure it would be an incredible car to make and own and is something you would really want to spend time on and get right

steve m - 28/2/10 at 03:00 PM

"A finished Locost - well that'll be the only one on the whole site then!! Everyone else is in various states of upgrading theirs. "

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

so true

a locost is and never will be finished

Steve

steve m - 28/2/10 at 03:00 PM

"A finished Locost - well that'll be the only one on the whole site then!! Everyone else is in various states of upgrading theirs. "

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

so true

a locost is and never will be finished

Steve

iank - 28/2/10 at 03:30 PM

Maybe just me but I seem to see more cobra's on the hard shoulder near Stoneleigh than any other type of kit.
Having said that a stripped out race style cobra is a good looking beast (can't stand the cream leather and chrome cobra's myself).

spiderman01980 - 28/2/10 at 03:39 PM

Am on the same boat as you but I`ve got spares left over from an old dutton so i might build a live axle version next but i was looking at the prices of the ultima gtr this morning and for it can do its well worth the money!!

Check out this twin turbo on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y7qbSCB44 !!

mistergrumpy - 28/2/10 at 04:23 PM

I like the Cobra's and there are a lot on the road but I still like them.
As for the Ultima GTR I never liked the look of them in pictures. The winscreen angle and little mirrors where too wierd but when I saw one in the flesh I was gobsmacked. It's an amazing machine and I reckon if I sold my whole body I still couldn't afford one!!

omega 24 v6 - 28/2/10 at 04:44 PM

quote:

if I sold my whole body I still couldn't afford one

Neither could I mate.
BUT remember one of our other postings where you had a long term knowledge of said woman of the night??

Now rearrange the first quote and you may be able to get her to raise enough money
( in good fun and no offence intended mate)

boggle - 1/3/10 at 05:01 PM

looks like im going to go for the ultima....

im going to put aside 5k a year to build it over the next 4-5 years.....

im not selling the locost as i can fiddle with that in between bits.....

am wondering just how much of it i can make myself though?

has anyone had any dealings with ultima as regards to stock and customer service??

cheers

boggle

[Edited on 1/3/10 by boggle]

mistergrumpy - 1/3/10 at 05:42 PM

The only legal pimp in Manchester!

t.j. - 2/3/10 at 07:33 AM

what about helping me?