Board logo

Project Binky Episode 19
Slater - 1/10/18 at 08:59 PM

Just came out today.............

Linker

Daf - 2/10/18 at 12:10 PM

Thanks - love that project!

SJ - 2/10/18 at 12:56 PM

I don't like that positive battery cable routed through the chassis without any additional protection.

HowardB - 2/10/18 at 04:09 PM

a good watch, I wonder how much all the stuff weighs that they are adding in?
I have yet to see any lightness added

steve m - 2/10/18 at 04:37 PM

Agree with both the above!

Much as I appreciate the work, and bracketry, the extra weight must be substantial, and in most cases ive seen, totally over the top, fantastic watching though, of some very neat skills

As for the electrics, why isn't the battery in the boot ? as that's were its always been on a mini, and is ideal for a bit of weight bias

steve

MikeRJ - 3/10/18 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SJ
I don't like that positive battery cable routed through the chassis without any additional protection.

Agreed, this irritated me slightly, but it's all going to come apart to get painted at some point.

David Jenkins - 3/10/18 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by SJ

Agreed, this irritated me slightly, but it's all going to come apart to get painted at some point.

I wondered about this at first, then came to the same conclusion. No point in fitting protective edging strip that'll only have to come off for painting in the near future.

[Edited on 3/10/18 by David Jenkins]

pmc_3 - 3/10/18 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Agree with both the above!

Much as I appreciate the work, and bracketry, the extra weight must be substantial, and in most cases ive seen, totally over the top, fantastic watching though, of some very neat skills

As for the electrics, why isn't the battery in the boot ? as that's were its always been on a mini, and is ideal for a bit of weight bias

steve

They put quite a big fuel tank in the boot as they wanted a decent range, they also wanted to keep a bit of boot space.