Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stratos Replica
lsdweb

posted on 18/3/21 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Stratos Replica

I love a Stratos and saw this - Stratos Replica on eBay

It's registered as a Lancia Beta though.. Heck of a price for something that isn't registered correctly, or am I missing something?

theconrodkid

posted on 18/3/21 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
it,s not black either , great till you have a crash / tug by plod, deffo not legal.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

loggyboy

posted on 18/3/21 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
95 is pre SVA so could be registered correctly. We all know DVLA have a hit and miss approach to updating the V5 for kit cars.
A multi coloured car can list its main colour as its registered colour. vinyl applied colours (even the whole car) dont count as a permanent change so dont required a V5 update.

Mistral Motorsport

David Jenkins

posted on 18/3/21 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
At that price I would want every single aspect of the car to be squeaky clean - I'd walk away unless I was 100% sure that everything was legit.

Memphis

posted on 18/3/21 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
About £55,000 more than it's worth...
James

posted on 18/3/21 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Memphis
About £55,000 more than it's worth...

Anything being sold by a dealer as opposed to an enthusiast is always vastly overpriced.

When you see Pinto'd Indys for £15k you know the dealer has no idea!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

steve m

posted on 18/3/21 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
IF, it was finished in 1995 and documented to prove that, and it has a LOT of Beta parts , then the V5 could be correct

Thats what the rules back then were like,

But its about 55k at least over priced

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

snapper

posted on 18/3/21 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Incorrectly registered as Hawk were not producing kits at the time the diner is registered or SVA so should be put through IVA
Gaz gold are not the pinnacle of suspension. £35k bills, for a Hawk probably but the registration issue stinks...
Maybe it was for racing and some chancer wanted to put it on the road, who knows

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

steve m

posted on 18/3/21 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hawk cars were definitely around in the 90's as that was around the time i was looking at a 289 cobra build, and i visited Hawk, and Pilgrim around then

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/3/21 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I seem to remember them from long ago in the kit car catalogues, when Pilgrim started doing the Bulldog and Sumo (what I wanted but was still out my price range), the Hustler, Fiesta based Quantum, JBA's Falcon which I ended up building and that was all way before the SVA killed 90% of the trash being offered...

wiki linky

[Edited on 19/3/21 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
emlyno

posted on 19/3/21 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know what Beta parts would be in it. Hawk spaceframe, bespoke suspension etc. Didn't it have a Dino engine originally? so the entire drivetrain would be quite special. For that money you'd expect it to be squeaky clean!

Emlyn Owen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.