Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mark Fisher?
adithorp

posted on 17/5/22 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Mark Fisher?

Bit of a randome one... Does anybody remember/know how tall Mark Fisher is?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

TimC

posted on 17/5/22 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
He seems to be on the 'Gram Adi. Ask him.
adithorp

posted on 17/5/22 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Already got the answer elsewhere. But thanks.

scudderfish

posted on 18/5/22 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

Don't leave us hanging! How tall is he?

pigeondave

posted on 18/5/22 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

Don't leave us hanging! How tall is he?

He's the correct height for the bigger question Adi was asking

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 18/5/22 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
He's about yay high....

Mike Wood

posted on 19/5/22 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
It would be useful to know what waist size, inside leg measurement as shoe size as well as person overall height a kit car or racing car designer was thinking of, or their measurements if designed around themselves. For people like me not built for comfort not speed!

I would not be surprised if ace Sylva designer Jeremy Phillips, while a secret giant in the kit car world, is more moderately proportioned when it comes to his frame and the resultant cockpit sizes of his designs.

The single seaters built for racing car schools for experience days I have encountered were built to take all sizes of customer. I can fit in my STM Locost no problem (and MKII Sprite and M1 Minis) but always wondered if I could jam into a Lotus Seven Series II or III or early Caterham, or Lotus Seven Series I or Lotus VI or whether they would be too much of a squeeze across the beam or fitting my legs in under the dash/steering column. Apparently one of Colin Chapman’s nicknames, was ‘Chunky’, but maybe that only relevant to later single seaters.

It is a long time since I looked at ergonomics textbooks, but a while back I seem to remember the world was designed around males who were between 5’4” - 5’8”. Which explains why I am uncomfortable in cinema, plane and coach seats and coach arranged train seats due to lack of legroom, even though not very tall (a bit over 6 foot) or particularly long legged.

The headroom issue for sports and kit cars is a nuisance when it comes to rear roll cages and helmet vertical clearance, as well as getting in and out of them in general and having to peer over or under windscreens for cars when run open topped.

Cheers
Mike

Neville Jones

posted on 22/5/22 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Show on TV about Lancaster bombers said that the average male in the 1940's was 5'6" tall and had size 6 feet.
David Jenkins

posted on 23/5/22 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
My son had one of those "racing car experience" days at Silverstone a while back. He's about 6'1" - 6'2", and slim. He drove a Caterham and fitted in all respects, apart from his size 10 feet - the pedals were too close together for him to drive, even in trainers. He drove it barefoot, which isn't ideal.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Wood
It would be useful to know what waist size, inside leg measurement as shoe size as well as person overall height a kit car or racing car designer was thinking of, or their measurements if designed around themselves. For people like me not built for comfort not speed!

I would not be surprised if ace Sylva designer Jeremy Phillips, while a secret giant in the kit car world, is more moderately proportioned when it comes to his frame and the resultant cockpit sizes of his designs.

The single seaters built for racing car schools for experience days I have encountered were built to take all sizes of customer. I can fit in my STM Locost no problem (and MKII Sprite and M1 Minis) but always wondered if I could jam into a Lotus Seven Series II or III or early Caterham, or Lotus Seven Series I or Lotus VI or whether they would be too much of a squeeze across the beam or fitting my legs in under the dash/steering column. Apparently one of Colin Chapman’s nicknames, was ‘Chunky’, but maybe that only relevant to later single seaters.

It is a long time since I looked at ergonomics textbooks, but a while back I seem to remember the world was designed around males who were between 5’4” - 5’8”. Which explains why I am uncomfortable in cinema, plane and coach seats and coach arranged train seats due to lack of legroom, even though not very tall (a bit over 6 foot) or particularly long legged.

The headroom issue for sports and kit cars is a nuisance when it comes to rear roll cages and helmet vertical clearance, as well as getting in and out of them in general and having to peer over or under windscreens for cars when run open topped.

Cheers
Mike

adithorp

posted on 23/5/22 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
Not unusual for trainers to be too wide for kit or supercar pedal boxes. That's why so many use race boots or shoes like Puma Supercats.

Anyway, back on topic. The reason I was asking was, a special built by Mark was up for auction at Mathewson's (TV Bangers+Cash). I didn't have the time to go and look at it so was wondering if I'd fit. Mark is only an inch shorter so I probably would.
He built it on a Sylva Leader chassis with ally body and featured in a couple of editions of CompleteKitCar.

I didn't get it as biding went north through what I thought it was worth pretty rapidly and sold for £9250+7.5%fees! IMO pretty high given its underpinnings.

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/auction/search/?st=515&c=1

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.