Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peugeot Alarm Help......again?!?
SALAD

posted on 15/1/10 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Peugeot Alarm Help......again?!?

Following on from a problem months ago with my 306 alarm where the suggested solution was to put a brand new battery on the car......I finally put a new battery on it today as I'm selling the car tomorrow and the problem still exists.

I lock the car with the remote, it activates the central locking and arms the alarm. A few hours later the alarm goes off......???
Whereas before the only way to stop the alarm was to disconnect the battery, now you only need to unlock the car to stop it.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved as it's being swapped / sold tomorrow!
It is an X reg 306 HDi.

locostbuyer83

posted on 15/1/10 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SALAD
Following on from a problem months ago with my 306 alarm where the suggested solution was to put a brand new battery on the car......I finally put a new battery on it today as I'm selling the car tomorrow and the problem still exists.

I lock the car with the remote, it activates the central locking and arms the alarm. A few hours later the alarm goes off......???
Whereas before the only way to stop the alarm was to disconnect the battery, now you only need to unlock the car to stop it.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved as it's being swapped / sold tomorrow!
It is an X reg 306 HDi.

my mondeo used to go off in cold weather as the sensors in the car seemed more sensative? does it do it all the time?

mike.williams1

posted on 15/1/10 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
It sounds like a voltage drop causing it.If is is ok for up to 1-2hours.if something is drawing a current this can drain the battery enough to set off the alarm
SALAD

posted on 15/1/10 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Unless there is a little light on somewhere, boot, glovebox or ashtray or whatever, then I can't see what would be causing the voltage drop??
big-vee-twin

posted on 15/1/10 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cold Weather, my Renault has done this occasionally in cold temperatures, usually ok 99% of the time - Temperature affects battery voltage.

In fact the battery is insulated also, so maybe they recoginise the problem

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

austin man

posted on 15/1/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
I would go for voltage drop, remove the bulb from the glove box and boot if it has one and test again

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mike.williams1

posted on 15/1/10 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a multimeter,set it to amps,disconnect the battery in the earth side.fit the leads between the earth lead the other to the battery terminal.[make sure everything is switched off] then see what amps are being drawn.If there is a draw on the battery pull the fuses one at a time until you find which circuit it is on then go from there
SALAD

posted on 15/1/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
There is a pesky little bulb in the ashtray that turns on randomly when you drive along so I've taken that one out and re alarmed it. If that doesn't work I'll get the multimeter out........if that doesn't bring anything up, then the new guy will have to deal with it!
As ever thank you all for your prompt replies

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 15/1/10 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Disconnect the bugger

blakep82

posted on 15/1/10 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
my car used to do this all the time. i just didn't set the alarm... immobiliser still comes on though, so thats fine

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

SALAD

posted on 18/1/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mini update (as if anyone cares!)...couldn't find the problem with the alarm so I went to do the deal anyway.
Told the guy about the alarm and he was not bothered........so.......I swapped my 306 HDi for a 1999 E36 Compact Sport M-Tech with 70,000 miles! 1.9 16v and a bit more interesting than the 306!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.