Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 22b power
A1

posted on 18/2/10 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
22b power

I know ill be burned at the metaphorical stake for bringing up this type of car, but does anyone know the actual power output of the impreza 22b?
ive just read evo mag that says its 276, but im sure they came into the country at 276, then prodrive got their hands on it and made it 350.

mookaloid

posted on 18/2/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Wrong forum really

But in true Locosters fashion, I bet someone on here will know

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Richard Quinn

posted on 18/2/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
276 is pretty much on the Jap regulatory limit. I didn't think that 22B's automatically came through Prodrive. A lot of 22B's were personal imports.
boggle

posted on 18/2/10 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
280bhp....

was a type r with 2.2ltrs and big arches..

best looking subaru ever....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

MikeR

posted on 18/2/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
i thought the prodrive cars where a optional 'works' extra. A bit like the copper specials on teh BMW mini. You could pay them to bolt the extra bits on to make it faster and Subaru would still support and warranty the car.

I therefore think both spec's are correct, just depends what the customer paid for.

bi22le

posted on 18/2/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure your not getting confused with the P1 and the 22B. both special additions. I thought one was Prodrive (P1) and the other not (import) as said above 276bhp sounds about right becasue alot of Jap cars have about that.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

twybrow

posted on 18/2/10 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
All high powered Jap cars (until the most recent GTR) were listed as 276bhp - this was the cap set by the Japenese goverment. Off the official paperwork, most of these cars produced well in excess of the 276bhp.

The 22B is rated at 276bhp, but I believe it puts out close to 310bhp from new. It was more about having a homologation special.

Try here. this suggests the Jap cars had around 350bhp and explains the UK vs Jap 22B issue.

[Edited on 18/2/10 by twybrow]

r1_manx

posted on 18/2/10 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
My old man owns a 22B which he personally imported from Japan. It was listed as 276bhp as standard 22B spec. His first engine died due to an oil pressure relief valve problem (which I believe prodrive rectified on the 2.2 engine)...it's now got a 2.5litre motor pushing 400bhp and 410lb/ft torque and is an incredible car to drive!:0

If im not in action, im in traction!

A1

posted on 18/2/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
aah. cheers, Im sure i read somewhere that the ones imported by subaru went via prodrive...
meany

posted on 18/2/10 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
I know ill be burned at the metaphorical stake for bringing up this type of car

Why?...whats wrong with em

A1

posted on 19/2/10 at 12:48 AM Reply With Quote
typically people here dont really like them too much...and unfortunately in recent years the owners have become more and more degenerate (apart from a few)
personally i love them and have always wanted a 22b.

meany

posted on 19/2/10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
ive been an owner for the last 8 years or so...its true, there are some dickheads about but you can say that with any car drivers.

i was just interested in what views some of the people on here had.

Toltec

posted on 19/2/10 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meany
ive been an owner for the last 8 years or so...its true, there are some dickheads about but you can say that with any car drivers.

i was just interested in what views some of the people on here had.

Had my classic for over seven years, it's a good every day car. Most around here do not seem to be chav-mobiles, though there is the odd exception. I think the classic could well become just that, particularly the specials like the P1 and 22b.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.