Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ecutesting.com thumbs up.
zetec

posted on 18/2/10 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
ecutesting.com thumbs up.

My Focus ECU fried itself when the coil pack went faulty. Was looking at £800 + from Ford for a fix. Sent the unit off to ecutesting.com on Monday morning, got a text to say they had got it on Tuesday, posted back to me on Wed and I got it Thursday morning. Fitted and car back to normal.

Just a post to say what a great service and a very useful number to keep to hand as they seem to deal with most car ECU, ABS and other car electronics.

www.ecutesting.com

tel. 01773535638.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

blakep82

posted on 18/2/10 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
did they fix it? reset it? how much did it cost etc

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

zetec

posted on 18/2/10 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
They tested it, if it had been OK they charge I think £30-£40 and post back. They say they change the coil driver circuit parts for better quality components, retest and post back. 2 year warranty £195+vat incl return postage. Now I know this is a bit much for 1hr and a couple of diodes or transistors but not something I could do.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

blakep82

posted on 18/2/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
good stuff its good to know what they did

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

James

posted on 18/2/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zetec
They tested it, if it had been OK they charge I think £30-£40 and post back. They say they change the coil driver circuit parts for better quality components, retest and post back. 2 year warranty £195+vat incl return postage. Now I know this is a bit much for 1hr and a couple of diodes or transistors but not something I could do.

Coil drivers were a problem with MS ECUs in the past.

Maybe they just stuck a megasquirt in the old casing! lol!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

marcjagman

posted on 18/2/10 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
£195+vat is not exactly cheap as you said, but better than £800 from ford any day and a quick turn round too. Bet it would take a month to get one from ford.
mookaloid

posted on 18/2/10 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
got a throttle body from them for my saab -£195 if i recall - it never worked properly and despite the 2 year guarantee - they never accepted that it was faulty.

The £15 used one off ebay worked just fine though....

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.