Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alhambra/Galaxy heater control panel issue
po79

posted on 9/9/18 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Alhambra/Galaxy heater control panel issue

Hi all,
I cant get my head around this issue.
The control panel on my 2001 Alhambra isn't working, the blower works but it's on a supersets circuit the the other controls ei A/C, heater directional control, panel lights, air re circulation.
I've read that removing the panel unplugging it then turning the ignition on for a few minutes then off and re connecting with rest the panel but this has not worked.
All the fuses have been checked with none found blown.
Does anyone know what the problem could be.
The rear heater isn't working either, could this be down to a relay if so anyone know which one?
I've one just brought the car as I was desperate for transport due to other problems.
Cheers,
Poe.

nick205

posted on 10/9/18 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Got rid of a similar age Alhambra a couple of years back. I'd start by checking the connections to the panel to make sure they're all OK. Whilst it may not have blown a fuse if there's a poor connection somewhere the panel controls may not function correctly.

From memory the different parts of the Alhambra/Galaxy/Sharan dashboard aren't that difficult to dismantle. Just go slowly so you don't snap any plastic tangs that hold it together. Older plastic does go brittle and can break more easily. That said there's so many of those cars around that most parts are still available for them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.