Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan Juke fuel tank
LBMEFM

posted on 17/10/18 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan Juke fuel tank

My daughters 2012 Nissan Juke will not start it jhas contaminated fuel, pumped it dry today put in fresh diesel and it still comes out cloudy. Now want to look in the tank for water, problem is does anyone know where access to the tank is and can I remove the sender unit to have look inside and finally is there a filter fitted somewhere.
Thanks if anyone can help.

Schrodinger

posted on 18/10/18 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
this any help?
https://carmanuals2.com/nissan/juke-2012-fuel-system-section-fl-47663

Keith
Aviemore

nick205

posted on 18/10/18 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know that car, but fuel tanks are generally below the car under the rear seat. Very often if you tip the sit on part of the rear seat forwards it reveals where the in-tank fuel pump + filter assembly is. Certainly on the VW cars I've had you can access it that way and remove the in tank pump + filter assembly to see inside the fuel tank.

Note that many cars (particularly diesels) will have a further higher pressure fuel pump in the engine bay (often attached to the engine itself). They will also have a 2nd fuel filter in the engine bay. The engine bay fuel filter is not usually difficult to change and their not expensive either. On my VW diesels I change the engine bay fuel filters annually. Again engine bay diesel fuel filters may need the filter housing filling with fresh new diesel when you change them to avoid air locks in the system (diesel cars generally won't start with a fuel system air lock).

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/10/18 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
access is under the rear seat

manual linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 18/10/18 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
access is under the rear seat

manual linky

That's certainly what I'm familiar with in other cars.

nick205

posted on 18/10/18 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think the in-tank fuel pump may be referred to as the "lift" pump and the engine fuel pump the "high pressure" or "injection" pump.
obfripper

posted on 18/10/18 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
The juke uses a renault setup which does not use a lift pump, there is a priming bulb near the fuel filter to bleed the system.
The diesel filter is hidden under the air filter housing on the lower bulkhead, it's a black plastic assembly with 4 connectors.
There is a screen gauze filter on the pickup in the tank, integrated into the base of the level sensor/pickup assembly.

Dave

rusty nuts

posted on 18/10/18 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC the correct way to refit the tank unit on Renaults with a plastic tank is to do so with the tank empty due to distortion when the tank is full. May not be the case with your Nissan but worth bearing in mind.? I have drained tanks with poor access to the top using a vacuum oil drainer , you may? be able to connect it to the fuel feed to the fuel filter if it isn't a quick release type

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.