Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BMW E46 Auto gearbox oil change
rf900rush

posted on 15/3/20 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
BMW E46 Auto gearbox oil change

Hi All
Just bought a cheapish 325 E46 BMW estate (2003),and I would like to change the Gear box oil.
I have seen a couple of youtube videos on the subject, but most are USA ones. and do not give much info on the oil needed.

What I need, is which oil to use. I don't really what to go down the high performance £15 a liter road, if it is unnecessary.

Any suggestions on decent budget and recommended ones.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 15/3/20 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ask your local motor factors, they will probably have a listing for it. Might also be worth changing the oil filter as well?
nick205

posted on 16/3/20 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Probably worth getting a Haynes manual for the car. They list services parts - fluids, filters etc. for the vehicle. It'll show you how the method for draining and refilling the gearbox + checking the level as well.
Mr Whippy

posted on 16/3/20 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
you have to be very careful to follow the correct process with autoboxes or they can be damaged, as above get a manual, I'd not blindly follow a youtube vid on how to do it as you can't be sure they are doing it correctly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.