New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cazoo Update
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/3/21 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
No their not ideal for every trip you can think of but for the usual 95 - 99% of the trips they are. Most families own two cars and having one as an EV for the most regular trips is a good way to save money, which is exactly what I've done. Most on here seem to be perfectly happy to have a impractical 2 seater with dodgy weather gear as a second car but one with only 120 miles range before recharging well that's just too much to take!

Firstly forget the 2 seater with dodgy weather gear, those aren't typically used for long journeys and can't carry a MTB but you may have a point.

Thinking more about it, the longer journeys I regularly do is round trip to Birmingham, say 220 miles so that is on the current (no pun intended) limit of EV cars. Longer journeys require planning and those would involve a short 1/2 hour leg stretch at services and an overnight stay at hotel, but I do the planning for: stay, route to ride, visiting any interesting things etc anyway so should not be too big a hardship for locating charge point.

BUT I haven't noticed that the hotels I've been staying at have at least one charging point (but TBH not been long for them), so it is a trip elsewhere to plug in and but then how do you get back?

EV at present are still too inconvenient (range/charge point locations) and expensive at present for my driving needs.

[Edited on 9/3/21 by 02GF74]

I suggest you don't get one

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 9/3/21 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

This doesn't match my personal experience - mid-winter, heating always on, medium-to-fast driving, and I get just over 200 miles for an 80% charge. It's about 220 - 240 miles in the summer with the same charge, over 300 in ideal conditions with a full charge (I have done this).

Mine is by no means in the 'luxury car' bracket - it's a family crossover SUV.

[Edited on 9/3/21 by David Jenkins]

02GF74

posted on 9/3/21 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
ignore the description at the bottom or read as typical range - so called "luxury" cars are just cars with a bigger battery. Your figures match almost exactly those in the rightmost bar chart.
David Jenkins

posted on 9/3/21 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I bet Kia would be overjoyed to know that their product comes under 'luxury cars'!

MikeRJ

posted on 12/4/21 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a Polo GTi through Cazoo at the end of last year and I really couldn't fault the experience. The car was immaculate and the delivery driver was a lovely guy who explained everything in detail and spent ages going over the car and it's features etc.

The driver did say I'd "undersold" my trade in (Swift Sport) though, I described it as average due to scabby alloys (typical for Japanese alloys IME) and a fair bit of stone chipping on the bonnet & bumper but the rest of the car was very tidy. Said it was mint compared to some of the garbage that people described as "good condition".

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.