Board logo

Blyton Park - this Saturday 15th March
yellowcab - 10/3/14 at 04:40 PM

I know there are several people going, but searching the forum to see where I'd read it was annoying me… so considering the Cadwell thread was a success, thought I'd put it all in one place…

Whose going?

Jon Ison - 10/3/14 at 04:47 PM

Not there but Chris, we asked if we could have a track day section, there was plenty of support at the time, the numbers on here who attend trackdays is ever growing,

Please, pretty please?

yellowcab - 10/3/14 at 04:52 PM

Until mine breaks again, I'll be doing a few each month

Until then - I'll post my track day diaries, words, photos & video drivel in here

[Edited on 10/3/14 by yellowcab]

Kev99 - 10/3/14 at 05:18 PM

Im There on the 15th with a few M8s

Andy D - 10/3/14 at 06:38 PM

I'm looking to do Blyton on March 29th with javelin.

And yes, a dedicated trackday section would be good.. I never know whether to put them in "Events" or "Driving" ??

*see my Knockhill thread in "Events"

[Edited on 10/3/14 by Andy D]

daniel mason - 10/3/14 at 06:46 PM

im ther oli. and travelling friday and stopping in car in paddock area!
am also there on 28th march where hopefully we'll get to drive the new layout!

yellowcab - 10/3/14 at 07:02 PM

Looking forward to both, I've never done Blyton before

Yes, I'm hoping we can do the Eastern Circuit on 28th

laptoprob - 10/3/14 at 07:23 PM

Im there with a couple of mate in tow.

Davey D - 11/3/14 at 06:16 AM

I'm on Blyton this Saturday

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 01:57 PM

Everyone else get this email?

Hi,

We are aware that many of you booked the event at Blyton Park on Saturday (15th) before we made the extremely last minute announcement that we would be running the new Eastern Circuit layout on the Sunday (16th). The layout is so new that the kerbs are only being laid today J.
We have had a couple of enquires from drivers who would have booked the Eastern instead had they known and have requested a change of date. As the 15th is full and overflowing we are now allowing this to happen and also offering a special price for those who would like to do both dates.
Blyton Park are even waiving the Saturday night Camping Fee for those who want to do both days.
Please note that the Eastern Circuit takes only 30 cars in total and is not suitable for raw novice / beginner drivers.

So what is the deal? :-
A) CHANGE DAY - If you are booked in for Saturday and wish to swap to Sunday please reply to this mail and make the request. You will not be charged the difference between the Entry Fees.
B) ADD SUNDAY - If you wish to add a booking for Sunday to your Saturday booking entry fee will be reduced from £159 to £129. Just enter the code “javelin30eastern”and save £30 at checkout. Note this code is only valid for Drivers already entered for the Saturday event.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=901itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1 />
Kind Regards

Colin

Davey D - 12/3/14 at 04:02 PM

Just checked, and i too have received the email. I have other plans for Sunday, so ill be sticking to Saturday. Ill definitely give it ago some time this year

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 05:18 PM

Me too - busy Sunday… but wouldn't ever pay £159 for an airfield day - I'd do Cadwell all day long instead!

Andy D - 12/3/14 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Me too - busy Sunday… but wouldn't ever pay £159 for an airfield day - I'd do Cadwell all day long instead!

Don't think Mr Usher would appreciate his huge investment being called an airfield.

If you haven't been to Blyton yet, you may be surprised.

...agree though, don't think it's worth £159

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 07:47 PM

You're right, I've never driven it - and I'm looking forward to it... and I appreciate it's no regular airfield.

I'm going on Saturday and on Friday 28th March

However, at £149+… I feel that there are circuits are far more appealing, Oulton, Cadwell, Castle Combe, Donington etc.

Davey D - 12/3/14 at 08:11 PM

Did you pay £149 for Blyton on Saturday? If you book early then it is cheaper

Andy D - 12/3/14 at 08:12 PM

quote:

However, at £149+… I feel that there are circuits are far more appealing, Oulton, Cadwell, Castle Combe, Donington etc.

Yea, I'm not sure if someones scored an own goal here. Blyton at around the £100 mark is good value, but if they're saying the new circuit is permanently limited to only thirty cars and they have to charge £150 to make it pay.... ??

Perhaps the thirty car limit is just a trial, to see how it copes?

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Did you pay £149 for Blyton on Saturday? If you book early then it is cheaper
No I actually paid £79 lol due to a £50 gift voucher from my lovely wife at Xmas, so I'm not moaning

Andy - yeah, thats their reasoning behind the increase price, because of lack of numbers… lol

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 08:18 PM

It's almost as bad as Mallory being priced at £199 for the Saturday day… makes me laugh… lol

I cringe at paying £69 for such a poo circuit, but with it only being a mile away, its good for an afternoon test session every now and then

daniel mason - 12/3/14 at 08:33 PM

if your brakes are good, you will like blyton. its heavy on the brakes and theres some very hard braking zones

daniel mason - 12/3/14 at 08:33 PM

if your brakes are good, you will like blyton. its heavy on the brakes and theres some very hard braking zones

unijacko67 - 12/3/14 at 09:48 PM

Anyone going night before other than Dan.

daniel mason - 12/3/14 at 10:10 PM

I could do with a good nights sleep.i think oli is travelling Friday too but not 100% sure.
ive emailed Richard regarding access but waiting for a reply. come on jacko you can afford to come!

unijacko67 - 12/3/14 at 10:13 PM

I'm working on it, what time can you get away? or be at blyton.

Kev99 - 12/3/14 at 10:13 PM

as its only a 2hr trip for me i will see u all sat morning and sleep in a nice warm bed

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 10:24 PM

Kev it's only 2hrs for me too, but it's a good laugh! If camping is free that is...

Jacko67yrs. I need you there, you're my guardian angel

unijacko67 - 12/3/14 at 11:09 PM

Pace car more like, then wave as you zip past, seriously impressed with your set-up by the way. Not sure yet, I've emailed one of my customers to see if I can re-arrange some work otherwise this weekend I have quite a lot of materials on the van.

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 11:30 PM

I've just heard from your customer, they said 'yeah that's cool'

See you on Saturday

Andy D - 13/3/14 at 04:25 PM

Spaces became available.. I couldn't resist..... make way for an owld bloke in a green car.

yellowcab - 13/3/14 at 04:31 PM

Cock on Rodders places came available because a fair few shifted over to the Sunday day…

So thats 5 of us so far?

Andy D - 13/3/14 at 05:03 PM

Twenty one assorted kits / lightweight cars booked on, should be fun.

daniel mason - 13/3/14 at 09:39 PM

cant get hold of Richard to confirm gate will be unlocked fiday night
not sure where this leaves us who wish to sleep in our cars? if anyone else manages to find out please text me on 07794015911. cheers

Davey D - 13/3/14 at 10:02 PM

Yellowcab - it says here he had you ;-)

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359308&page=78

Kev99 - 14/3/14 at 08:02 PM

See u all in the morning :-)

got a mate in a Mac1 Zx10 with me track-day virgin so should be fun

Kev..............

welderman - 14/3/14 at 08:44 PM

That's fighting talk

laptoprob - 14/3/14 at 09:02 PM

A few black clouds and windy in Sheffield. Let's hope it blows over!
See you all tomorrow

yellowcab - 14/3/14 at 09:06 PM

Looking forward to it, we're currently down the garage fitting the carbon rear diffuser

Andy D - 15/3/14 at 09:37 PM

Good day I reckon. Was nice to meet a few bods off here. Bad luck Ollie, shame about the early bath, but I'm sure you'll have it sorted in no time.
My car ran Ok mostly, but was suffering from a long brake peddle most of the day.. I think it got better as the day progressed, or I just got used to it!
Got a load of pics and video, will see about getting some up asap. Out tomorrow, so don't hold your breath.

yellowcab - 15/3/14 at 09:47 PM

Cheers Andy, in only gonna book 'half trackdays' in future lol.

I have a great video of you, I, and Rob tusseling... Your car shifts!!!

daniel mason - 15/3/14 at 10:22 PM

a green westfield went past me on my out lap. then a tiger r6 went up the left side of me on same lap. could have been your westy but didn't know it was you.
would have been nice to have some fun once the slicks warmed up!

unijacko67 - 15/3/14 at 10:32 PM

Wish I could have made it, but still looking forward to some in-car from you guys. Did you get chance to try out the new bit?

yellowcab - 16/3/14 at 05:36 AM

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/5weX0k4WLYQ

daniel mason - 16/3/14 at 07:22 AM

you missed me lighting up the rears off the start line! how dare you?
shame your chassis had further issues but your attitude was great! drive it like you stole it until you either spin off (cough,cough) or break it (which you did)

yellowcab - 16/3/14 at 07:46 AM

Don't worry Dan, theres more videos to come.

Including a great bit of fun with Andy D in his Westfield and laptoprob in his Tiger

Andy D - 16/3/14 at 08:12 AM

Enjoyed part one, looking forward to part two.

I think I locked up three times and had to straight line the chicane, and my last session chasing my pal in the yellow Westy, we both ended up in the gravel over the far side of the circuit. It was just gone four o clock, I was nearly out of fuel, so put the car on the trailer and called it a day.

femster87 - 16/3/14 at 08:31 AM

Robs tiger looks like it goes very well.

welderman - 16/3/14 at 08:35 AM

Nice video. Bit close at the end

daniel mason - 16/3/14 at 08:44 AM

robs car car does go well. I eventually passed it (rob wasn't driving it) once the tyres came good, but a well sorted car! quicker than mine on the straights I think! sounds awesome too

laptoprob - 16/3/14 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
robs car car does go well. I eventually passed it (rob wasn't driving it) once the tyres came good, but a well sorted car! quicker than mine on the straights I think! sounds awesome too

Get you next time Dan

Got to say was an epic day and great to meet up with some good like-mided people too.

Dan, i reckon youre the most dedicated track hunter ive met yet. Travels 4hrs the night before and sleeps in the car in a lay-by then spends all day topping the huge(cough) fuel tank up,breaks the gear linkage, looses the fuel cap for 30 mins and still there after i have left at 4pm and still has to travel 4hrs back....dedication or what!! Hats off to you mate

[Edited on 16/3/14 by laptoprob]

daniel mason - 16/3/14 at 09:26 AM

not sure id have passed it with you at the wheel mate,but who ever was driving was pushing very very hard and had a few close calls with the gravel
see you all in 2 weeks for more of the same. got the linkage fixed twice but gives me an excuse to fit the flatshifter now

Kev99 - 16/3/14 at 09:59 AM

Nice video Yellowcab, what a great day .Shame about ur problems
Shame we didn't get out together
Hope u get it sorted soon

Nice to meet a few from here even if i didn't realize who u were lol till i got home

Kev...........

laptoprob - 16/3/14 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87
Robs tiger looks like it goes very well.

Did you get the pics sorted Femster?

Davey D - 16/3/14 at 06:52 PM

Finally got my video uploaded after YouTube spazzed out the first time after a long upload time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXsqOCLf3lY

[Edited on 16/3/14 by Davey D]

Andy D - 16/3/14 at 08:31 PM

That's a really good angle, may have to try it. I've got the same session from some distance behind you. I was trying like hell to keep up, but sadly a 15 stone passenger put paid to that plan!

Some pics my son Pete took, in no particular order:

(If anyone wants a higher res one, just U2U me an email address, and I'll happily send)

Kev99 - 16/3/14 at 08:44 PM

Great Photos just pinched one of me for F/Book

Kev..........

Davey D - 16/3/14 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
That's a really good angle, may have to try it. I've got the same session from some distance behind you. I was trying like hell to keep up, but sadly a 15 stone passenger put paid to that plan!

Yeah you can really notice a huge difference with a full tank and heavy passenger compared to driving solo with half a tank

When i get a heavy passenger in i often forget, blast down the start straight, throw the car left for the first bend and think shiiiiiiiit as it handles completely different

femster87 - 16/3/14 at 09:46 PM

Some pictures I took

daniel mason - 16/3/14 at 10:15 PM

great pics guys. nice to meet you femster! hopefully see you out sometime! ppc blyton maybe?

femster87 - 16/3/14 at 10:16 PM

Was good to meet you too Dan. I will get the car sorted soon

Andy D - 17/3/14 at 08:45 AM

First bit of vid from me. I think it should be entitled "Evo stalking" When I eventually caught him, he let me by, and I tried to pull a gap. Don't think I did.. then as I exited the wiggler chicane, the car briefly died.. out of fuel! Really enjoyed that session.

Blyton Evo:

yellowcab - 17/3/14 at 02:05 PM

Some great videos coming out - really committed driving by all - looking forward to 28th!

Andy - thanks for the cracking shot that your lad Pete took I'll add that to my build thread…

Just about to render the video with me following you & Rob...

yellowcab - 17/3/14 at 02:32 PM

Daniel Mason - here is your committed launch, very short video but I literally never spotted you out on track… 1080p full screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms7kpj3100A&feature=youtu.be

Andy D - 17/3/14 at 05:32 PM

.. and the vids keep coming.

My first session of the day, following Davey D for several laps, then Rob (& Ollie was behind) caught us up, MNR went in, so followed a breif chase after Rob's Tiger.

Then, virtually the my last session of the day. Following a pal in the Westy duratec, until he went a bit hot into a corner, and I baled out!

yellowcab - 17/3/14 at 06:03 PM

Some GoPro snapshots of my GoPro footage is here… along with pics of daniel mason, Davey D, laptoprob & Andy D

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=167149&page=31

and a video now of chasing Andy D & laptoprob

[Edited on 17/3/14 by yellowcab]

Andy D - 17/3/14 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Some GoPro snapshots of my GoPro footage is here… along with pics of daniel mason, Davey D, laptoprob & Andy D

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=167149&page=31

and a video now of chasing Andy D & laptoprob

[Edited on 17/3/14 by yellowcab]

We had a nice little high speed train going there for a while.