Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Croft videos
Andy D

posted on 6/4/14 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Croft videos

Did a trackday at Croft on Friday with Lotus on track. There were a little buch of sevens there, two Westys, and three Caterhams. Plus a couple of Atoms, and of course loads of Loti.

First vid, just a few laps, me at the helm, trying hard when a pal in the R500 lets me past and tries to hang on. Did I say try! I came to an abrupt end when we came across a spinner. I got stopped, R500 went straight on behind me.

Next, another mate in an orange Westy (ST170) chasing my car, with my lad driving:
(Excuse the music)
Part 1

Part2

Another pal in a Caterham R400:

And finally a mate in an R500D 260bhp duratec. (a bit nippy)

Wheels244

posted on 6/4/14 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Excellents vids

I've done Croft a couple of times on the bike - enjoyed it once I got used to the surface !

Rob

Build Blog: http://wheels244.wordpress.com/

Andy D

posted on 6/4/14 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Here's another, my son, my car, following Paul Donkin's Atom cup car. With the help of traffic he just about stays with him.

(My poor old car! )

Andy D

posted on 6/4/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Excellents vids

I've done Croft a couple of times on the bike - enjoyed it once I got used to the surface !

Rob

It is a bit bumpy in places, and I found it difficult keeping vision with my glasses rattling about a bit. I think I need some lighweight ones, or an elastic band to keep them in place!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/4/14 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
The R500 sounds well, and who needs to spend £35k+ on a Atom, when all you need is a Pinto powered Westy, and although your Pete did get a bit of help with traffic, I think he was still a bit quicker in the corners
Andy D

posted on 6/4/14 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
The R500 sounds well, and who needs to spend £35k+ on a Atom, when all you need is a Pinto powered Westy, and although your Pete did get a bit of help with traffic, I think he was still a bit quicker in the corners

Kind words Paul, but I think the Atom had the edge. There's a vid from the Atom somewhere on facebook? I'm not a f/booker.. but it'll be under Paul Donkin.. if it's searchable??

bigfoot4616

posted on 6/4/14 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
pete's going quite well there considering he was complaining about the brakes being crap
Andy D

posted on 7/4/14 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
pete's going quite well there considering he was complaining about the brakes being crap

He moans on a lot about my car, but he knows how to make it go.

Ross has put up a vid with you on board, he's going well against the Atom considering the ballast.

bigfoot4616

posted on 7/4/14 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
now i know why i've had a stiff neck for 3 days, all that moving around in ross's comfy seats

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.