Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans 2015
yogibear1969

posted on 19/12/14 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Le Mans 2015

Hi All,

Bit late this year but this is your call to book the 2015 Le Mans Trip! Details below:-

With Nissan joining the LMP1 party and Porsche entering its second year I think it’s going a hell of a race between Audi/Toyota/Porsche for overall honours! LMP2 and GT will be a fun as ever too! It’s a non-classic year too!

It appears that LD Lines have put 2 ferries back on the Newhaven-Dieppe crossing and put cheaper fares back on the menu so at the moment I am planning on going back to our favoured route.
The only other change is regards camping, as much as I love the Dutch and enjoy massively our unofficial partnership, the young-uns get a bit noisy and one option was to camp in the annexe but lower down and behind a hedge. Needs much discussion and I am happy to be told not to be a grumpy old man and go with it. I have to say earplugs are my best friend and do work!

Anyway, brief details for newbies out there who are thinking about joining.

Outbound.
Wednesday 10th June 2015
Newhaven-Dieppe 2300-0500 with Cabin
Thursday 11th June 2015
Drive to Spay campsite via quiet roads with coffee as soon as we find one off the ferry, then breakfast in Liseaux.
Set up and shop at Spay, then into circuit for last 2 qualifying sessions.
Friday 12th
Whatever you fancy! Great British welcome at St Saturnin/Pit Walk/Drivers Parade/Cordon Bleu BBQ with the aforementioned Dutch party.
Sat/Sun
The main event …..
Sunday Evening.
Normally a BBQ at the local pub!
Monday.
Drive back to Dieppe.
Two choices on return crossing:-
1. 2359 from Dieppe arriving 0400.
2. 1800 crossing arriving 2100.

Cost in the region of £150 per person based on 2 per car including Ferry/Race Tickets/Camping. All you need to pay for is Food and Fuel!

Let me know as soon as you can as will need to start booking cabins if any are left. I will need a deposit of £50 per car/person before I’ll book a ferry for you.

Many thanks
Edward Berresford.

AndyW

posted on 19/12/14 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I paid about that this year for ferry, camping and entry to the circuit. Must say we got the ferry from Dover to Calais and then an amazing drive down. Took about 4 1/2 hours but was great route.

Going again next year on the same route

yogibear1969

posted on 19/12/14 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
OK,
So same cost as this one but 'better' ferry crossing?
Edd
PS. Just interested, like to make sure it's VFM nb. I don't make any money from trip, just do it for the love/stupidity?

theconrodkid

posted on 20/12/14 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Bargain,check out the prices for the British GP,90 mins of boredon vurses several days of fun

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

yogibear1969

posted on 7/1/15 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,
Just a last call for Le Mans if you wish to join the usual mob as I need to book the ferries next week.
Get in touch if you need more details.
Edd

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.