Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jester 'Desirability'
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/8/14 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Jester 'Desirability'

Just an observation, based on the current stock of Jester devices on Ebay.
Initial reaction is that it's a good way of getting into the kit car 'scene' without an excessive outlay. There does, however seem little interest in these cars.

OK, so looking at the chassis, virtually bare in one listing, it doesn't look terribly pretty. I haven't worked out whether the rear spring/arm assembly gives 4WD type articulation (albeit trailing), but it looks viable.

Screams BEC conversion to me (but then it would).

Unsure of the market JP was aiming at with this car?? It seems that market isn't so strong these days.

Stot

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
I built a Jester back in 98. When I sold mine 7 years ago I got £800 for it, cost around £4000 when I built it. 1700 crossflow with head work, wacky cam etc,n 5 alloys, pearl paint, weather gear. 0-60 in 5 secs. Its still out there on Londons roads.

Jeremy aimed this car at the ultra budget builder. He was expecting people to get a MK1 1.1 fiesta and build a fun cheap car and didnt understand people like me trying to get performance from it.

Cheers
Stot

big_wasa

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
I owned one for a while. I thought I had got bargain of the year until I tried to sell it on a year or to latter.

Mine was blue like the one on ebay.

I lost interest when I couldn't squeeze my zetec in there so I built the locost.

Stot

posted on 26/8/14 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
This was my one not long before I sold it.

Cheers
Stot

JC

posted on 26/8/14 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
I've always liked the Jester. I showed my 15yo son a picture whilst I was reading this thread and he loves it and wants to build one now! I think if it was still available, based on a Ka, it might sell!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stot

posted on 26/8/14 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
I've always liked the Jester. I showed my 15yo son a picture whilst I was reading this thread and he loves it and wants to build one now! I think if it was still available, based on a Ka, it might sell!

It was updated to KA running gear and marketed by Stingray Motorsport upto 2011.

quote:
First marketed by Sylva and later by Harlequin Autokits, the Jester disappeared from the marketplace in 2005. Having been taken over by Stingray Motorsport in 2007, the exclusive agent for Sylva Autokits, the mechanicals have been completely updated for a new donor – the Ford KA. Taking the best of what Ford put in and coupling it with another Jeremy Phillips chassis, the new package allows a very simple and cost effective route into Sylva ownership, with complete cars possible for under £4K.

There were some hideous 2+2 examples out there too.

Don't know what happened since then.

Cheers
Stot

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.