Board logo

Propshaft for sale
stevegough - 21/3/15 at 08:21 PM

Hello everybody! I'm still alive, though its over a year since my last post.

Only visiting today because I've got to clear out the garage for the house move.

I bought a Kit car prop of someone on here about 5 years ago I think.
It didn't fit my Luego, so I ended up getting one made... expensive mistake really!

Anyway, the prop is from a Ford type 9 gearbox ( ? 23 splines I think ? )
But it doesn't connect to a Sierra Diff - its too small.
I believe it's tail end fits an 'English Axle'.

Measurements:

Gearbox end Outside diam = 35mm or 1 3/8" - inside, the splined shaft would measure 25mm (without the splines) - definitely type 9.
Length - tip to tip - measured as shown in the photo with everything held straight. = 750mm
With the drive end fully inserted up to the hilt, its effective length is = 658mm
There is 92mm insertable. I'm not sure what the min recomended is but I would imagine about 30mm or so.
Rear plate has a 1mm proud of the main plate collar ring inside of the bolt holes.

Rear plate is 82mm dia.
PCD (centre of bolt hole to centre of bolt hole is what I mean - pretty sure they call this PCD!)
The centre collar is 57mm dia.

I would like £65 for this posted, and I'll be putting it on eBay later tonight or tomorrow. (I am in Blackpool if someone is collecting).

Bolt - 21/3/15 at 10:47 PM

Hi mate,

I will take it! Will contact via u2u.

Cheers, Simon

stevegough - 22/3/15 at 07:39 AM

U2U replied to, Simon.

Bolt - 22/3/15 at 10:34 AM

Cheers mate; money sent via PayPal.

stevegough - 22/3/15 at 11:29 AM

Thanks! Payment received, and propshaft now sold.

Bolt - 25/3/15 at 09:07 AM

Must say, brilliant packaging, quick delivery and great correspondence. Also to my surprise it fits in my build perfectly!

Thanks for this.
Cheers, Simon

stevegough - 25/3/15 at 05:47 PM

Fantastic! Glad to hear you got it safely, and that its such a good fit.

Result! Good luck with rest of the build!