Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike Carbs
jamiepearson69

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bike Carbs

I'm looking to do a Bike Carb conversion for my MK which is running a 2ltr Pinto

Spoken to Bogg Bro's and they have quoted £550 + VAT and delivery. I'm sure it will be an good kit, but not very locost

Ive seen these on the Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/pinto-manifold-bike-carbs-/150476147506?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230913cb32

They look a little rough but cheaper, would they work? or is it not worth the risk?

Can anyoone give me any recomendations, options, costs?

I want to do the conversion in the next few weeks as the car is going to the Ring in the 1st week of Sept!!

austin man

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
must say that the boggs Kit is excellent quality and looks the dogs

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

austin man

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
no reason why they wont work I would ask for a measurement from the flange to the filtes to make sure they will fit ok

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

vyperstrype

posted on 6/8/10 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
carbs

I got the full Inlet manifold and Blackbird carbs for my Zetec from Bogg Bros, and i have to admit it is a very good piece of kit, albeit not cheap, but good quality. I think i paid about £320.00 about three years ago. If you do decide to go down the Bogg route, i wouldn't expect them to sort you out with Manifold and Carbs before you do the Ring, as they are usually very busy.
Cheers Eric.

Where there's a will, there's a death!!

b16mts

posted on 6/8/10 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I'd recommend these!

http://www.tiger-super-cat.co.uk/csc/fs_pdf/bike_carbs.pdf

local-ish to me, its where i bought my tiger from. they've done tonnes of bike carb set ups (mostly on ford engines), and seem good quality.

plus a damn sight cheaper than Boggs

Martin

who says you can't drive a kit car when you're 6'5"?

jamiepearson69

posted on 10/8/10 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Just bought a set of ZX6r Carbs and manifold from Chester Sports Cars as recomended.

Came in at £479 inc VAT and Postage, the cheapest I could find and straight off the shelf all jetted up and ready to go.

Very helpful service, just need an electric fuel pump now.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.