Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Loving it
expatkiwi

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Loving it

Over the last few months I have been toying with the idea of selling the westy and getting a new kit car for a build from scratch or going back to rallying. Now as much as I love rallying and would rather do that its hellish on the wallet plus the car looks like its been beaten up at the end of every event.
So here is the deal.I am not proud of owning a westy and being on this site. The reason being that I see a westy as a mass produced kit and not locost, but I try to do every thing locost but I dont skimp on quality. If I have to wait for the proper bits until I can afford them then so be it.
I got the westy to specificly put they rotary engine in it to prove a point that it could and would work and by god it has. Its bloody quick and with a little more attention to my driving style it will get better, however IF it does sell I will be doing a new build from scratch as it brings me back to my thread topic. I am loving it. Easy to work on, not covered in shite after a days racing and the pure stisfaction that you have assembled the car yourself.
Have a good year peoples

Brian

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

Volvorsport

posted on 26/12/10 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
my mate built a rotary westy in the 90s , put it through a hedge backwards .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

LBMEFM

posted on 27/12/10 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Is that another reason for calling it a rotary
expatkiwi

posted on 27/12/10 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
IF I sell the westy I am not sure if I will use the rotary engine. I can go with Subaru WRX engine and have 270 bhp standard but then there is the ECU and loom to get around. With using the rotary in naturally asperated form there is only I think 3 wires to make it run with the engine electrics but its going to be hellish on the wallet to mate it to a porsche or subaru gearbox. Plus its going to be in the region of 2500 to get 300 bhp. BUT it does sound good when on song
Clicky linky, mine is the one with the silver dash
http://mattandsherie.smugmug.com/Everything-I-upload/Vault/6099520_suaNX#1107153314_woTd6

Brian

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.