Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Off to look at a striker tomorrow!
parkiboy

posted on 13/11/17 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Off to look at a striker tomorrow!

So i have been away from the kit car scene for the last 4 years.

I did my bike license for a cheaper thrill but after after 3 years i have very limited miles under my belt as i simply just don't enjoy riding as much as i do driving hence me looking at getting another kit.. i did test drive a few cars like 350z's, m3's etc but they just didn't give me the excitement of a kit car.

My previous kit was an MK Indy R with a busa engine, i had my fair share of woes with it which included a failed engine and a very expensive bill - it was to be honest a real nightmare and although fun when driving, it was not an enjoyable ownership.. I vowed my next kit would be a CEC..

This brings me back to my topic, i am off to look at a Raw Striker tomorrow, i think its a Mk3 as it has IRS and believe it or not its a BEC haha!! I have tried forcing myself into a CEC but when my MK was working i enjoyed the high revs, the sequential box, i didn't mind the clunkiness of the gear box; it felt special. I have however made sure i do not go for the expensive busa lump in it like my MK did; if i blow an engine or 2 i don't really mind as replacing it is going to be pennies in comparison and i'm sure there will still be enough power to keep my smiling!

I don't know a lot about strikers is there anything out of the ordinary i should look out for with them?

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 13/11/17 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Strikers are great but a little cosy no major problems just check the usual build quality and correctly registered .if you can fit in it your love it
parkiboy

posted on 13/11/17 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 5ft 7 and around 10.5stone so I think I will fit fine :-) thank you for the response I have already done the usual registration and MOT checks and everything looks good.

On a side note is it me or have kit cars really appreciated in value over the last few years? I sold my mk indy r with a dry stumped hayabusa engine for 9k four years ago which was like the going rate at time of sale..

[Edited on 13/11/17 by parkiboy]

nick205

posted on 14/11/17 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
I built an 2.0 Pinto MK Indy a few years back - loved it. Kids came along and with a family of 5 a 2 seater roofless car didn't really make a great deal of sense so it went.

I'd dearly love to build another car and for me the Striker would be my choice. As mentioned above they're slightly more compact than some, but I know I can fit in them OK so not really a worry for me.

Go and take a look - make the suggested checks and make sure you're happy with the fit etc.

parkiboy

posted on 14/11/17 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
all went well, the car is not without its issues, it needs a bit of tidying up but i'm a tinkerer so that just adds to the fun

The main issue i had was i need to use a cushion to bring myself forward a few inch to reach the pedals lol! may have to look at fitting some different seats.

was really impressed with how it felt though! Looks like i have a new car!

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 14/11/17 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well done strikers are awesome if and when I get back in the kitcar scene it will be a striker for sure
davspeed

posted on 14/11/17 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Good to here of another of another Striker in the area, I should have mine up and running early next year. See you at Blyton.
parkiboy

posted on 14/11/17 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davspeed
Good to here of another of another Striker in the area, I should have mine up and running early next year. See you at Blytton.

You sure will :-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.