Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Back with another project
John Bonnett

posted on 6/2/18 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Back with another project

It has been quite a while since I wrote up the GT6 Lightweight build. Since then I have been, and still am working on the restoration of a very pretty G15BMW. Works are well advanced and I'm hoping to have it finished in time for the Silverstone Classic.

My next project is going to be an Austin Seven Special based on the Bill Williams car JO 66 which in turn is based on the Birkin Maserati. I would like to use the car to do a few rounds of the Bert hadley Championship. A few photos attached of what I have in mind.

[Edited on 6/2/18 by John Bonnett]

myke pocock

posted on 6/2/18 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
I have a NOS Serk cross flow radiator and seperate header tank originally made I think for an Austin 7 Special if you are interested. If so let me have your email address and I will send photos.
John Bonnett

posted on 6/2/18 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Myke very nice to hear from you and thank you for your kind offer. I would very much like to see a photo of the radiator and some dimensions please.

My email address is n811jlh@gmail.com

My plan is to have a sealed system with a modern radiator, expansion tank and of course a water pump. It is very early days but I am collecting parts that I shall need. Look forward to receiving your email.

Kind regards

John

ettore bugatti

posted on 6/2/18 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
That is a cool little project.

I've a couple of books from the fifties about specials and building them and they are so lovely to read. From the very detail they describe parts to the hands-on approach to building cars.

joneh

posted on 6/2/18 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a cool project and I really enjoyed following the GT6. That's on my bucket list of cars.

Just a thought, not sure if you'll be going down the IVA route, but be weary of the potential emissions changes.

John Bonnett

posted on 6/2/18 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
As things stand, and as we all know the rules may change in May, I have a chassis and current V5 on which to build the body. The current regulations allow for this, as the identity of the vehicle is with the chassis. Should this change, there would be no hope of ever getting it through IVA and the project would be dead in the water.
joneh

posted on 6/2/18 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John Bonnett
As things stand, and as we all know the rules may change in May, I have a chassis and current V5 on which to build the body. The current regulations allow for this, as the identity of the vehicle is with the chassis. Should this change, there would be no hope of ever getting it through IVA and the project would be dead in the water.

That's a relief. I'll look forward to the updates and pics.

I fear my xflow and webbers have just become an expensive boat anchor.

John Bonnett

posted on 6/2/18 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
quote:
Originally posted by John Bonnett

That's a relief. I'll look forward to the updates and pics.

I fear my xflow and webbers have just become an expensive boat anchor.

It will be a while yet. I've got a G15 to finish first. But thank you for your interest.

John

adithorp

posted on 6/2/18 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like another cool project.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

John Bonnett

posted on 7/2/18 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Looks like another cool project.

Hi Adi, good to hear from you.

I'm collecting an engine and gearbox for the project on Saturday so off to a good start.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.