Board logo

Gainsborough shower problem
omega 24 v6 - 16/7/09 at 07:12 PM

Ok the font's of all knowledge who can tell me how to sort this.
My daugther has a Gainsborough 9.5 scl shower that has started pi**ing water out of the back today. So a call to Dad for help as usual.
On investigation i find that the prd in the output pipe has fired it's ball ( Suspect dodgy hose or blocked headset)
here's a pic of the article in question

Description
Description

So what holds the soft ball in?? Is it just jammed into the pipe so that the inner seat clamps round ( deforms the ball and grips it) the ball.??

As usual thanks in advance.
Gary

eccsmk - 16/7/09 at 07:32 PM

you've got me on this one
but a quick call to Gainsborough in the morning should see you right

Wheels244 - 16/7/09 at 09:18 PM

Had the same fault on the same type of shower - mine was 8.5kw.

Is water in the shower overheating ? - mine was red hot - knackered thermostat.

I think the ball arrangement is an anti-scold device i.e. water is diverted down the drain tube rather than up to the shower head to prevent scolding.

I got mine reseated but it just overheated and did it again.

I rang the Gainsborough helpline who were very helpful, they offered to send an engineer to repair the shower, but the cost was the same price as buying a new shower unit.
So, I bought a new one and fitted it myself - piece of cake to fit.

HTH

trikerneil - 17/7/09 at 04:28 AM

Have a look at the Shower Dr HERE.

Part No. 1 looks like the kiddie !

HTH

Neil

mad4x4 - 17/7/09 at 07:33 AM

Intresting .

Linky

We have the 10.5 KW Delux and it has started tripping the 30A breaker ocasionally. I have notices as well it is a bit hotter (that was my orignal complaint - not hot enough)........ mmmm

** Why do manufacturers put in an antiscald valve it means I struggle to get a hot shower in winter as our water supply is so cold.... Shower was right up until about may when we backed it off a bit. Girlfriend always complaining show was not hot enough, for me it was OK.