Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mac#1 Site
Lord Charles

posted on 31/3/03 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Mac#1 Site

Came across a website for Mac#1 motorsport whilst having a surf.

Is this a new manufacturer, or is it an outpost of Mk?

I notice that they are located very close together and the mac#1 website has two MK Indys on the home page, Information appreciated!

(Can only get the home page to work on my computer)

Pip pip

Charlie

Jasper

posted on 31/3/03 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
No connection with MK. Mark & Colin at Mac #1 started out building up other peoples kits, but now have produced their own Seven clone. Nice chaps, good source of parts and cheap Alloys, endlessly helpful on the phone.

BTW, no connection, bought my ZX9 engine and a few others bits for my build from them.

Viper

posted on 31/3/03 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
so what is the address??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 31/3/03 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
So why are they using MK cars on the website then?

Do they have permission?

Cheers

Chris

BTW I can't find this site on any search engine

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

auzziejim

posted on 31/3/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
i cant find it either! can anybody help?

Mac #1 build the MK Indy for customers well that was before MK did turnkey cars i suppose.

James

DEAN C.

posted on 31/3/03 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think the fact that their cars look very similar could be a sore point!
I'll refrain from making any further comments and retire to a safe distance .
Dean......

Rob Lane

posted on 1/4/03 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
They first set out looking for work from MK, who gave them chassis to make on his behalf. Fatal error.

They then produced a chassis which was almost the same as the Indy and called it their 'work of long time developement'.

They have now setup making cars and selling their versions of wishbones etc.

Read into that what you will, but i would never buy anything from them.

James

posted on 1/4/03 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Lane
They then produced a chassis which was almost the same as the Indy and called it their 'work of long time developement'.

Similar apart from the shockingly poor welding!
When at Stafford I looked at Mac1's chassis that was on display and couldn't believe they were really trying to sell it. Made me wonder if they'd got a junior or work experience lad to weld it for them!

Cheers,

James

Jasper

posted on 1/4/03 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Can't comment on the quality of their work as I haven't seen it, but one thing they do better than anybody else I've contacted whilst building my car, and that is spending time to talk and help on the phone, even though I've only ever bought third party spares from them. Try getting that kind of support from the likes of ST.
chrisg

posted on 1/4/03 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Found the website, not giving out the address, as from whats been said they don't deserve the publicity.

Take it from me it's just one page with 3 (!) Mk Indy cars on it. Nothing else works.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

mdc124

posted on 3/4/03 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'll agree with Jasper - The guys at Mac#1 are very friendly and helpful and they sell parts at decent prices.

I didn't look at the Mac#1 car at stafford myself (there was a horny yellow and black Indy distracting me ) but my friend did and commented strongly along the lines of James.

Live and let live - lets see who's still making cars in 2 years time - people vote with their wallets?

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wadders

posted on 3/4/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Nicely put that, and very true.

i]Originally posted by mdc124

Live and let live - lets see who's still making cars in 2 years time - people vote with their wallets?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.