Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: She lives
Jon Ison

posted on 23/4/02 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
She lives

Went up n down street under her new "Fireblade" power today, 2 hill starts and no stalling............vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom gone.........

it will take a week to wipe the smile off my face, now where's them boy racer's in there Nova's.......

jmbillings

posted on 24/4/02 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds cool- I must admit the lure of the bike engine is strong, but the x-flow is noisy enough at 90mph.. erm, I mean 70, a bike engine must sound like an angry wasp! Sounds fun though
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 24/4/02 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations! (I'm jealous )

I must admit that like the noise of both the old well-tuned four-cylinder engines (like the x-flow) and the bike engines.

Very different, but both good in their own way.

David

ChrisW

posted on 24/4/02 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
I'd love a bike engine. Unfortunatly mr bank manager doesn't agree (and probably mr insurance either!)

Nevermind - I'll stick to Ford power for the moment

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 24/4/02 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Envious is not big enough a word. You must be stoked.
Just got to sit tight, find a donor, and wait for nightschool to start in the Autumn, then I'll be posting lots of 'helps'. Definitely going for bike power, and the savings are mounting...

Jon Ison

posted on 24/4/02 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
put a few more miles on her tonight, words cannot describe the acceleration / noise, but its all the right noises, it will potter about at anything over 3k and pull full throttle, but once it goes by 8k it just screams up to 12k quicker than i can pull the lever, changing down into corners is pretty cool to, anyone out there thinking about going this route, DO IT, you will not be dissapointed. Now, where is the smile removal clinic.

oh, and regards insurance, how does £131.25 fully comp, (but who is gonna repair it i don't know) sound ? 40 years young, S44 postcode, 3.5k miles, £100 excess, i declined the glass cover since i have no screen, tis only 900cc after all.

Dunc

posted on 24/4/02 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Did you not mention cheap tax too?
Liam

posted on 24/4/02 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
ChrisW - Mr insurance would love you to get bike power - only 900cc, you see. When will they realise these things are missiles? Cheap tax too.

Jon - I can see that grin now (you're pretty good looking in my head too ). Reminds me of when my mate let me have a go in his ZX9R engined beast - unsupervised. I was still walking with a spring in my step a week later - my mum thought I'd got myself a girlfriend

Still I'm a V6 man myself - I like my lump big and strong.

Best of luck.

Liam

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.