Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rolling at last
andrew-theasby

posted on 7/4/04 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Rolling at last

Hi, just got my car rolling and looking something like a car now after just over a year so i thought id post some pictures for everyone to see. Many thanks to anybody whos helped/advised me so far and hopefully ill be able to do the same some day
locost front view
locost front view

locost Side front view
locost Side front view

[Edited on 7/4/04 by andrew-theasby]

Scotty

posted on 7/4/04 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
nice.......
big,
but nice

mainlandboy

posted on 7/4/04 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great!

One thing, is it just me or is there some seriously extreme negative camber on those front wheels?

andrew-theasby

posted on 7/4/04 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, nothings set up yet its all got to come apart again for spraying At least no ones pointed out any major problems, or am i speaking too soon? Thanks, Andrew.
sgraber

posted on 9/4/04 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
That looks fantastic. You are planning on keeping the sides in Ali? I love that look.

Another thing about not having a windscreen is how streamlined it looks that way. Have you considered the smaller windscreen look? Probably wouldn't pass the inspection that way?

It's a beautiful job you've sone so far IMHO.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thekafer

posted on 9/4/04 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
That really does look good! Am I seeing this right,is that a single piece of ali front to back for side your side panels?
It has that monster engine look.

Glad to see somebody's making progress!
Fletch.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy...

andrew-theasby

posted on 10/4/04 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, i wasnt planning on keeping the ally sides (tho i do quite like it now) the sides are joined behind the wheels but the join will be flushed off so when its painted it cant be seen Id always planned on having a windscreen but after sva so i wouldnt need wipers, de-mister etc but again, the more i look now i might just mould some wind deflecting bubbles in the bonnet, i get loads of crazy ideas like that though, just wish summer wasnt coming up so fast or ill miss another one on the roads.
Hellfire

posted on 10/4/04 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I must commend you - it does look pretty good... I guess it is because it is so low waisted. Have you made the scuttle and nose yourself to suit? A fine job!!

sgraber

posted on 11/4/04 at 04:07 AM Reply With Quote

Would something like this do the trick?

Graber

Steve Graber

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andrew-theasby

posted on 11/4/04 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sure would, the engine wouldnt be bad either Is that one you made or have you bought it? My scuttle is a luego velocity one. Id like to do quite a bit of glass and carbon moulding soon as i also fly r/c aeroplanes so id like to learn how. im unsure at the moment whether to lay the cloth in the mould then wet it out or whether you get best results from putting the resin in first (like a gel coat) then squeezing it through the cloth with a roller, or would this make air bubbles?? It would be good practice on the car parts as they dont have to be as light as the model bits. Thanks, Andrew.
sgraber

posted on 11/4/04 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, no, that one's not mine. Although I covet it more than my neighbours wife...

Sure does have all the right bits in the right places! (Notice the steering ring/paddle shifter)

I actually don't know who's that is. All I know is that it's a Turbo'ed Westy on your side of the pond.

[Edited on 4/11/04 by sgraber]

Steve Graber

andrew-theasby

posted on 11/4/04 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
well its nice any way, thanks for the idea.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.